PDA

View Full Version : Dalton MA to Salisbury CT

eyahiker
07-12-2004, 19:02
Parking in NAdams, need ride back to Salisbury to start CT/MA hike. Can take the Bus to Dalton, any ideas on how to get to Salisbury CT, or how far it is? Cab?
Suggestions welcome!:banana

Jack Tarlin
07-12-2004, 19:13
There aren't a lot of folks listed (I seem to recall maybe two or three) but you might find ride information for that area by going to www.atconf.org and then looking at the Massachusetts/Connecticut shuttle list.

This is the finest list of this sort that I know of.

eyahiker
07-12-2004, 19:55
Thanks so much! Big help:)

slatchley
07-12-2004, 20:04
Parking in NAdams, need ride back to Salisbury to start CT/MA hike. Can take the Bus to Dalton, any ideas on how to get to Salisbury CT, or how far it is? Cab?
When do you need this ride?

eyahiker
07-12-2004, 20:06
Well, so far I can take Berkshire bus from NAdams, MA to Grt. Barrington, then just the bus from there ( Bonanza) to Canaan, CT. And hop a ride or cab to Salisbury ( 20 +/- miles?) over to the rt. 41 location.
Sound right?
Early next week.

BigToe
07-13-2004, 00:30
Suggestions welcome!:bananaWhen are you hiking? We're hiking from North Adams MA to Hanover NH 7/16 -31 and if it worked out could perhaps give you a ride on our way home to NJ. Or... you could SOBO and we could pick you up in CT on the way up and drop you in MA.

eyahiker
07-13-2004, 13:36
Hey Catfish John,
Thanks so much for the offer! I think we've got it covered now, going to leave a vehicle up at the North end of MA or into VT, and shuttle back to CT, that way the car is at the end, and the goal reached!

What part of NJ are you from?

Cosmo
07-18-2004, 19:56
If you haven't left yet eyahiker, Saddleback Trading Post in North Adams offers shuttles.
413-664-2772.

Cosmo