PDA

View Full Version : anyone in dallas area

rootball
07-16-2009, 17:49
Anyone want to pick up a pack for me. You gotta have some time on the board - so's that I kin trust ya and all. I'll paypal the money and shipping costs to you - the pack comes with a remington hydration pack that is brand new with tags - its yours for your trouble. You might have to go to walmart and get a box to fit the pack in - send it to me the cheapest possible way, ect...it's an external. I dtill have to make a deal with dude - and if he takes paypal I will just pay him and you for the shipping. Or... is there a better way?
Just just want to find a willing participant before I commit to the pack. Thanks rootball.

Nean
07-16-2009, 17:57
Here for a bit longer and don't mind helping if I can. I'm not sure why you need a middle man though- could you splain? :)

rootball
07-16-2009, 18:29
Its a craigslist deal - not sure there is any protection for my money. Just figured I could get a good whiteblazer to go look at it for me and get, ship it. The worst I would be out would be paypal fees twice.

Is there a better way to go about this?

Someone is picking up stove parts for me in Vermont in August and bringing them all the way to Tennessee - all that for a twelve pack and a 4 day trip into Shining Rock -- woohooo - I might be onto a million dollar idea here. BPS -Backpacker Parcel Service.

By the way -- seller just emailed me-- he is not back in town for two weeks. The pack is Richardson Texas.

Bearpaw
07-16-2009, 21:16
Ask to have it shipped general delivery to a local post office. You can pick it up there and keep your address hidden. It will save you from having to deal with a middle man.

Nean
07-17-2009, 12:12
Its a craigslist deal - not sure there is any protection for my money. Just figured I could get a good whiteblazer to go look at it for me and get, ship it. The worst I would be out would be paypal fees twice.

Is there a better way to go about this?

Someone is picking up stove parts for me in Vermont in August and bringing them all the way to Tennessee - all that for a twelve pack and a 4 day trip into Shining Rock -- woohooo - I might be onto a million dollar idea here. BPS -Backpacker Parcel Service.

By the way -- seller just emailed me-- he is not back in town for two weeks. The pack is Richardson Texas.

Darn- I'm in Richardson and on my way to NC, in a few days- I hope. I've been sayin that for 2 months though. If there's a way to get r done any sooner- I'd be glad to help. I like beer too!:D

Jack Tarlin
07-17-2009, 14:19
You might want to get in touch with Mountain Dew, who is a member here.

He's a Dallas cop, so you know he's reliable.