PDA

View Full Version : Just for Mags

buckwheat
07-17-2009, 13:13
Finally ...

http://shop.katadyn.com/media/dimg/e2c4ecc04461bd06e2b28a0545664fb3.jpg?l=4

Details. (http://www.trekneat.com/en/trekn-eat-products/products/katadynshopconnect/trekn-eat-wein/tne-getr228nkepulver-typ-rotwein-2-dl/)

Nean
07-17-2009, 13:25
That I have to try!:D
I wonder if you could save the water weight and just snort a couple of lines w/ dinner?:o

Jonnycat
07-17-2009, 14:03
What I want to know is where the heck the ethanol comes from. I'm guessing there is a little packet of grain alcohol you add to the grape drink powder, or maybe they use a gelled formulation.

Summit
07-17-2009, 17:28
At today's exchange rate that's $5.58 per glass! So drinking a few of these will set you back as if you were drinking in a high class bar, except you're sittin' on a tree stump sweatin' and smellin'! :D

Homer&Marje
07-17-2009, 17:30
At today's exchange rate that's $5.58 per glass! So drinking a few of these will set you back as if you were drinking in a high class bar, except you're sittin' on a tree stump sweatin' and smellin'! :D

And how is that a problem? Would rather drink in the woods than at a bar any day:D

I'll buy the first round for me and you summit:)

Summit
07-17-2009, 18:28
I'll buy the first round for me and you summit:)You're on dude! :)

Homer&Marje
07-17-2009, 18:29
You're on dude! :)

Up for a 50 mile tramp through the Berks in early August before my next surgery??

mkmangold
07-17-2009, 21:38
What I want to know is where the heck the ethanol comes from. I'm guessing there is a little packet of grain alcohol you add to the grape drink powder, or maybe they use a gelled formulation.

If the ethanol is not included, and I don't recommend this, one could theoretically use grain alcohol . If someone cared, it is possible to figure out how much 190 proof ethanol it would take to add to 6 oz of wine-flavored water to make 8 oz of 27 proof wine.

Jayboflavin04
07-17-2009, 22:38
OH GREAT! That is all we need around here. A bunch of backpacking wine snobs arguing over how much their full bodied merlot DOESNT weigh! lol....:D

Summit
07-17-2009, 22:40
Up for a 50 mile tramp through the Berks in early August before my next surgery??Would love to but I'm expecting my first grandchild around the 7th or so of August. Gotta be here for that! :)

Summit
07-17-2009, 22:43
Finally ...

http://shop.katadyn.com/media/dimg/e2c4ecc04461bd06e2b28a0545664fb3.jpg?l=4

Details. (http://www.trekneat.com/en/trekn-eat-products/products/katadynshopconnect/trekn-eat-wein/tne-getr228nkepulver-typ-rotwein-2-dl/)They need to change the name from "Trek 'N Eat" to "Trek 'N Stagger!" :eek: :D

RedneckRye
07-18-2009, 00:45
I've got a hunch that Mags is smart enough (and not weight obsessed enough) to carry actual, real wine in his pack if he thinks he may want to have some.
I'm also guessing that he also carries some fresh garlic, not the powdered stuff.
Probably some quality meats and cheeses as well.
Experience teaches you when to skimp and cut weight and when the extra pound or two is well worth the extra work.

Jim Adams
07-18-2009, 01:02
I've got a hunch that Mags is smart enough (and not weight obsessed enough) to carry actual, real wine in his pack if he thinks he may want to have some.
I'm also guessing that he also carries some fresh garlic, not the powdered stuff.
Probably some quality meats and cheeses as well.
Experience teaches you when to skimp and cut weight and when the extra pound or two is well worth the extra work.

RR,
One of the most informative and insightful responses I've ever read on WB.:cool:
Kinda says it all!

geek

Homer&Marje
07-18-2009, 06:52
Would love to but I'm expecting my first grandchild around the 7th or so of August. Gotta be here for that! :)

Congratulations Grandpa! Bring some dehydrated wine to the hospital!!! You'll be the hit of the waiting room:D

Summit
07-18-2009, 07:44
Experience teaches you when to skimp and cut weight and when the extra pound or two is well worth the extra work.I agree completely! Areas where this applies to me, YMMV:

Gregory pack - couple of lbs heavier than some, but the carrying comfort, design, and added functionality enhance my enjoyment of hiking

Two-person tent, although I solo - at 4 lbs, my Sierra Designs Lightning provides extra room and comfort, especially in foul weather, and is worth it anytime

Bear vault - eliminates the hassle of hanging food, the worry of it getting ruined by bears or other critters, and the convenience of a small table make it worth it

ThermaRest chair - at only 7 oz provides therapeutic comfort to my back after a long tiring day of hiking

Summit
07-18-2009, 07:46
Congratulations Grandpa! Bring some dehydrated wine to the hospital!!! You'll be the hit of the waiting room:DThanks! Be sure and keep me informed on your surgery . . . as last time, I'll be praying for you!

Homer&Marje
07-18-2009, 07:55
Thanks! Be sure and keep me informed on your surgery . . . as last time, I'll be praying for you!

First one went well...just need the other one healed up in time to harvest the garden. It's going wild and I don't know what I'm gonna do with it all.

Dehydrate it all...for backpacking.....:D

Summit
07-18-2009, 14:50
Congratulations Grandpa! Bring some dehydrated wine to the hospital!!! You'll be the hit of the waiting room:DNothing worse OR BETTER than a group line dance in a maternity waiting room! :D