PDA

View Full Version : Day Hiking New England?

pootrak
07-17-2009, 17:33
Hi all,

A bit off topic - we're two hikers familiar with the AT, but want to do some day hiking tomorrow and sunday. We can't camp, because we've recently adopted a cat and want to take her with us.

So what we're looking for is an area where we can stay in a hotel that accepts small cats, and close driving distance to some decent day hikes (5-12 miles depending on difficulty). We're in Boston, and flexible (3 hour drive max, so we're thinking New Hampshire, Massachusetts, maybe Vermont, Connecticut, etc.).

Any ideas? Thanks!

Snowleopard
07-17-2009, 19:09
Mt. Greylock area.
SW Mass, NE Conn. on the AT (Bear Mt., Sages Ravine, Mt. Everett) or MT. Washington state forest (Alander Mt. , Mt. Frissel, These are all the Taconics.
Closer:
Wapack trail, mt Watatic.
Leominster State Forest.
Mt. Wachusett.
I'm not sure about the cat though.

Blissful
07-17-2009, 20:06
Hiking with a cat, eh? Should be interesting... Must admit I've never seen it personally.

The only one I ever heard of was some dude long ago that carried his cat on some kind of platform on his backpack.

Lone Wolf
07-17-2009, 20:09
Hiking with a cat, eh? Should be interesting... Must admit I've never seen it personally.

The only one I ever heard of was some dude long ago that carried his cat on some kind of platform on his backpack.

geek and ziggy. it can be done. met a dude walkin' with a ferret one time. most that walk with dogs? bad idea

Blissful
07-17-2009, 20:15
Have to tell my hubby that one, he loved his ferret.

bigcranky
07-18-2009, 14:37
The cat can ride on top of your pack. That doesn't mean that the cat will WANT to ride on the top of your pack, but it can be done.