PDA

View Full Version : For prospective thru-hikers in New England

java
07-13-2004, 14:13
Hello!
I'm holding a long-distance hiking Q & A session (very informal) at my apartment (in portland, me) for prospective thru-hikers, if there is any one in the area who wants more information about long distance hiking. This is something a person in the Maine Outdoor Adventure Club asked me to do, but I thought I'd open it up to everyone.
If there are any former thru-hikers that want to help out, let me know (there will be several attending already) . -alex aka java

The listing from MOAC follows below: (Please email me if you want to attend so I can keep track of numbers)

Want to learn more about long-distance hiking?
Description:
An informal, informational get together will be held to learn more about long-distance hiking on the Appalachian, and other trails. It will be hosted by Alexandra Daley-Clark and Denis Clark a.k.a. ‘Java and Jeopardy’ A.T. class of 2001. In addition, several other MOAC members who are former thru-hikers will be attending to help answer questions.

Topics covered can/will include: logistics, preparations, gear, food, fitness, safety, and anything else you are curious about. Feel free to bring any one else (even non-MOACers) who may be interested in long-distance hiking, or any other long-distance hikers you may know.

If you’re interested in seeing slides that can also be arranged.

Make sure to bring lots of questions!

When: Monday July 26, 2004 6:30 p.m.

Where: 58 Federal St. #3 (top doorbell), Portland. (Federal off of India St., directly across from Cyclemania bike shop.)

Please drop me an email at [email protected] or call 774-2723 to let me know if you’ll be attending.

Bring something edible to share if you can. We’ll provide refreshments.

P.S. We have pets, so if you’re allergic make sure to take your Claritin!

Required Gear: Bring something edible to share if you can. We’ll provide refreshments.

Date: Monday 7/26/2004

Participant Limit: 20

Difficulty: Not Applicable

Meet place: 58 Federal St. #3 Portland, ME

Meet time: 6:30 p.m.

Contact: Alexandra Daley-Clark 207-774-2723 [email protected] ([email protected]?subject=Want to learn more about long-distance hiking?)