PDA

View Full Version : White House to Abolish Logging Rule

veteran
07-13-2004, 14:42
AP News Article:
The Bush administration Monday proposed lifting a national rule
that closed remote areas of national forests to logging.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040713/D83PITOO0.html

icemanat95
07-13-2004, 17:01
Not supporting or defending the proposal, but be aware, when the National Forests were created they were chartered to provide a national reserve of forest products and timber, not a recreational resource or a wildlife/plantlife refuge. If we want to preserve those lands from logging (their chartered purpose) we need to think about changing the charter of the National Forest Service by legislative means not regulatory means.

Kozmic Zian
07-13-2004, 20:32
Yea......So they're gonna go into the Jefferson National Forest and the George Washington National Forest in Virginia and carve up the beautiful, pristine forest, and disturb all that beautiful nature, and put roads in 1 mile square configurations to allow the private industries to come in and log out the Forest? For what purpose? Energy, Paper Companies, for what reason does the Administration give for this assault on our only remaining natural areas. Does anyone in Washington or Anywhere care? Do they realize the long term damage this will do to the ecosystems in these areas? I think not. Another classic example of the current administrations lack of concern for the future generations. Witness the situation with the US's Reputation with the 'rest of the world' post Iraq. No concern for that, or our future relationships with the Global Community. Phew....Give me a break.....Don't get me started. Where's the 'domestic strategy here, folks...maybe I'm missing something??????????KZ@:confused:

Lone Wolf
07-13-2004, 23:07
Folks like you Koz like wooden houses, toilet paper, books written by tree-huggin liberals, shelters to carve in, etc., etc. Cut the dramatics and hypocrisy. :cool:

Blue Jay
07-14-2004, 06:42
Pave paradise, put up a parking lot. The Arch Liberal and mass murderer, Adolf Bush and the rest of the blood suckers would sell their mothers for 3 cents. Hike now, they're planning to suspend the election, the constitution is already gone. It's OK, don't believe me, no one in Germany worried about the Nazi until it was too late.

pokohiker
07-14-2004, 07:40
Blue Jay

I do believe you hit the nail on the head. Was Bush elected by the people? I think not. Nothing will or should come as a surprise. Be prepared! Bush and personal gain seem to be the same and damn the cost to you and me.

When Clinton lied nobody died!!!!!!!

Lone Wolf
07-14-2004, 07:42
What a bunch of BS. Same old whinin liberal hypocrites. :jump

Bush/Cheney 04!!

Kozmic Zian
07-14-2004, 08:29
Yea......Go ride your put...put...toy! Stay outa' the intellectual stuff, you might get hurt. It's good to see BJ knows which side of the fence is green, anyway.....least he's not a 'Hells Angel Conservative', whatever that is?KZ@:D

oruoja
07-14-2004, 08:30
There is now an exclusive thread over on the WF site that many of you may find comfort and solice in. The only hitch is that you must dedicate total devotion to the party in thought and deed or be banished forever.

Kozmic Zian
07-14-2004, 08:33
Yea.....'In banisment, is joy'. KZ@:cool:

smokymtnsteve
07-14-2004, 08:45
Pave paradise, put up a parking lot. The Arch Liberal and mass murderer, Adolf Bush and the rest of the blood suckers would sell their mothers for 3 cents. Hike now, they're planning to suspend the election, the constitution is already gone. It's OK, don't believe me, no one in Germany worried about the Nazi until it was too late.

glad your feeling better blue Jay..I was worried about you for a while :D

Lone Wolf
07-14-2004, 08:47
:D Rolling papers come from trees, huh Koz?

smokymtnsteve
07-14-2004, 08:59
:D Rolling papers come from trees, huh Koz?

Yea..rollin Papers...mine are not from trees,,,I use PURE HEMP papers..just like the founding fathers of our nation used in our nations early documents..YO HEMP..grow hemp save our national forest..SMS

Jaybird
07-14-2004, 08:59
write your Congressman & Senator's offices...

make sure you find out who is voting for this bill...vote against them come election time.

...make a difference...VOTE! :D

geoffrey morris
07-15-2004, 00:13
Hi everyone,
About logging, logging isn't that another name for the rapists of the land. What ya gonna do?We all like roofs over are heads,sh1t paper, and all the wonderful paper products. Building materials such as structrual lumber like 2x4,4x4,6x6,2x10 and so on can be replaced with steel. I'd rather have more iron mines and steel mills than less forest.Kinda the lesser of two evils. Most of the rest of the paper and wood products can be made from hemp, not to metion the plastis products hemp could replace. No wonder it's illegal, the timber,paper and petro-chemical industries are threatened by the potential of this natural resourse. Hey, isn't it our duty as Americans to use and develope our natural resources in a manner that best serves us, with the least cost and considers the effects and impacts on future generations?I guess the answer for some of us is "HELL NO, F#CK THE WORLD, WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME?"You don't think they really care about our health do ya(as they pump more crap into the atmosphere)? Oh, it's the violence that "pot" causes,that's right nobody ever got drunk and started a fight or crashed their car. What bullsh#t they feed us in this "great nation" of ours. It's funny(not really)-the "bullsh#t"- is it the lies that they want us to believe or is the "bullsh#t"- that we think we're so great??
As far as that piece of SH#T George W., if you think he and his people are right, you'd better tighten the blindfold a little tighter. Let's throw away the entire earth,it's ok, as long as the f#gs (f@gs) and lezbos can't get married.Amazing how these issues are linked huh?Let's all send are children out to DIE in the fight for the control of the world's oil so we can be safe from terrorism ,oh and get several hundred dollars back on our taxes(honestly, I never noticed the tax break.I think I lost it somewhere-Oh, I know, I stashed for a rainy day in my F#CKING GAS TANK!!) .OIL-TERRORISM-TAXES-FUEL, can't you see the link?:confused: What did the war cost?Oh that's right it's not over and will never be. That's the way the department of defence likes it!A justifiable endless budget,"now we can build SDI".Wouldn't Ronnie be proud.? It's like the exterminator, if he killed all the roachs, he'd never be called back. Bad for his business-to do his job. This next election(if it's not rigged again) is really a choice between the "old puppet George W. and a new one.I wonder who's the real puppet master?
Hate to say it L.Wolf but you've let me down.:confused: I had you figured for a supporter of nature.SMSteve, I have to say that you have surprised me-you must be cooler than I thought.You and your hemp papers:clap .Where do I find them? I'm sure some of you will tear into my ass for "Bush Bashing" and your entitled to your opinion. Hard to avoid the facts about G.W..Do the stinking math!

Kerry/Edward '04 = cleaner water,air and soil.I'd thought that would have some value in here.
Bush/whoever '04= more money for the rich old bastards paid by you,yea you!:bse

A-Train
07-15-2004, 00:23
Geoffrey- OK, a little rough around the edges and I coulda done without some of the explatives, but more or less, right on.

geoffrey morris
07-15-2004, 00:36
Just helps to show the anger, Sorry if you were offended. You children, were they reading? Sorry hope not

A-Train
07-15-2004, 01:09
haha, no offense. Beautifully said! I don't have kids yet anyway, still a little young for that.

Lone Wolf
07-15-2004, 08:37
Kerry/Edwards = When you're as full of S**T as these guys, you need two JOHNS.
You libs are a pathetic lot. :D
BUSH/CHENEY 04

smokymtnsteve
07-15-2004, 08:53
Hi everyone,
About logging, logging isn't that another name for the rapists of the land. What ya gonna do?We all like roofs over are heads,sh1t paper, and all the wonderful paper products. Building materials such as structrual lumber like 2x4,4x4,6x6,2x10 and so on can be replaced with steel. I'd rather have more iron mines and steel mills than less forest.Kinda the lesser of two evils. Most of the rest of the paper and wood products can be made from hemp, not to metion the plastis products hemp could replace. No wonder it's illegal, the timber,paper and petro-chemical industries are threatened by the potential of this natural resourse. Hey, isn't it our duty as Americans to use and develope our natural resources in a manner that best serves us, with the least cost and considers the effects and impacts on future generations?I guess the answer for some of us is "HELL NO, F#CK THE WORLD, WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME?"You don't think they really care about our health do ya(as they pump more crap into the atmosphere)? Oh, it's the violence that "pot" causes,that's right nobody ever got drunk and started a fight or crashed their <A TITLE="Click for more information about <A TITLE="Click for more information about <A TITLE="Click for more information about car" STYLE="text-decoration: none; border-bottom: medium solid green;" HREF="http://search.targetwords.com/u.search?x=5977|1||||cars|AA1VDw">car</A>" STYLE="text-decoration: none; border-bottom: medium solid green;" HREF="http://search.targetwords.com/u.search?x=5977|1||||cars|AA1VDw">car</A>" STYLE="text-decoration: none; border-bottom: medium solid green;" HREF="http://search.targetwords.com/u.search?x=5977|1||||cars|AA1VDw">car</A>. What bullsh#t they feed us in this "great nation" of ours. It's funny(not really)-the "bullsh#t"- is it the lies that they want us to believe or is the "bullsh#t"- that we think we're so great??
As far as that piece of SH#T George W., if you think he and his people are right, you'd better tighten the blindfold a little tighter. Let's throw away the entire earth,it's ok, as long as the f#gs (f@gs) and lezbos can't get married.Amazing how these issues are linked huh?Let's all send are children out to DIE in the fight for the control of the world's oil so we can be safe from terrorism ,oh and get several hundred dollars back on our taxes(honestly, I never noticed the tax break.I think I lost it somewhere-Oh, I know, I stashed for a rainy day in my F#CKING GAS TANK!!) .OIL-TERRORISM-TAXES-FUEL, can't you see the link?:confused: What did the war cost?Oh that's right it's not over and will never be. That's the way the department of defence likes it!A justifiable endless budget,"now we can build SDI".Wouldn't Ronnie be proud.? It's like the exterminator, if he killed all the roachs, he'd never be called back. Bad for his business-to do his <A TITLE="Click for more information about <A TITLE="Click for more information about <A TITLE="Click for more information about job" STYLE="text-decoration: none; border-bottom: medium solid green;" HREF="http://search.targetwords.com/u.search?x=5977|1||||job|AA1VDw">job</A>" STYLE="text-decoration: none; border-bottom: medium solid green;" HREF="http://search.targetwords.com/u.search?x=5977|1||||job|AA1VDw">job</A>" STYLE="text-decoration: none; border-bottom: medium solid green;" HREF="http://search.targetwords.com/u.search?x=5977|1||||job|AA1VDw">job</A>. This next election(if it's not rigged again) is really a choice between the "old puppet George W. and a new one.I wonder who's the real puppet master?
Hate to say it L.Wolf but you've let me down.:confused: I had you figured for a supporter of nature.SMSteve, I have to say that you have surprised me-you must be cooler than I thought.You and your hemp papers:clap .Where do I find them? I'm sure some of you will tear into my ass for "Bush Bashing" and your entitled to your opinion. Hard to avoid the facts about G.W..Do the stinking math!

Kerry/Edward '04 = cleaner water,air and soil.I'd thought that would have some value in here.
Bush/whoever '04= more money for the rich old bastards paid by you,yea you!:bse

Let's Kiss (figurtively) ;) and make up! :D

I'll come give that "trash man"
an ole style MTN a**-kicking he won't forgit! :D

Lone Wolf
07-15-2004, 08:56
Smoky and Geoff. Typical liberal dopers. :D You're too emotional Geoff.

smokymtnsteve
07-15-2004, 09:07
Smoky and Geoff. Typical liberal dopers. :D You're too emotional Geoff.

YO...Lone Wolf ..I am not a liberal..I am a TRUE conservative..I believe in conservation and freedom...

I conserve

my automobile gets 40MPG...very conservative
I recycle...very conservative
I grow alot of my own food..organically ...very conservative
Live simply..so that others my simply live...very conservative

Lone Wolf
07-15-2004, 09:39
You grow your own dope too?

smokymtnsteve
07-15-2004, 09:42
the founding fathers of this nation grew hemp.

Lone Wolf
07-15-2004, 09:44
Well do ya?

smokymtnsteve
07-15-2004, 09:49
Well do ya?

I'm a Patriotic constitution believing ...freedom loving ..conservative American!

I plead the 5th amendment ;)

geoffrey morris
07-15-2004, 11:38
ATtroll, Are you now deleting whole threads? What happened to the other thread about Bush allowing logging and roads in the national forest, not the one about the chattahoochee . There goes free speech in here. Was it too political for ya?Maybe we need a thread for the political side of things.Somewhere to express how mush I hate Bush.

Kerry/Edwards '04 = cleaner air,water and soil, I thought these might have some value in here.
Bush/whoever '04= more wealth for the rich old bastards, paid for by you, yea you

smokymtnsteve
07-15-2004, 11:45
we must not offend neo-cons...it is the new law of the land.

Percival
07-15-2004, 11:50

Frosty
07-15-2004, 11:56
ATtroll, we need a thread for the political side of things.Somewhere to express how mush I hate Bush.Sure, Attrol, how about it? And maybe a thread to discuss religion, and one for celebrities, and one for the South Beach Diet, and one for same sex marriages, and .... this is Opray.net, right?

Tom

BeaverTrapper
07-15-2004, 11:59
Maybe we need a thread for the political side of things.Somewhere to express how mush I hate Bush.
I think that is a great idea. It would keep ya'lls weenie I hate Bush mush from contaminating every other topic. If you want to hate the President and blame him for all the perceived evils in the world, fine. I spent six years overseas so you can do just that. When the bash Bush crap shows up in every other thread, those of us who happen to support our President are forced to make a choice between letting it go unchallenged, or starting a flame war. Thats something I'd rather not deal with here.

I say give the Bush bashers their own forum where they can blame the man for everything thats wrong in the world. At least that way I won't trip over their garbage in other forums where we are supposed to be talking about hiking and gear.

smokymtnsteve
07-15-2004, 12:10
let's have more roads crossing the AT..thanks to Bush,inc.

Lone Wolf
07-15-2004, 12:36
Yo Geoff, free speech don't work on this site. It's privately funded. Take your commie butt to Wingy's site.

bailyrosco
07-15-2004, 13:03
Why is it every time I find a site that I actually look forward to logging into and reading valuable information get tainted with this political non-sense. For this site it does not matter if you are democrat or republican, catholic or Jewish or white or black. It is a forum to discuss past hikes, present hikes and in my case future hikes. I enjoy all the comments and banter between users’s that seem to personally know each other. I find it comfortable to know that all my worries are or were other hiker’s worries. When I hit the trail the last thing I will ask a fellow hiker is, who did you vote for? Bush bashers will be happy in either 4 months or 4 years and it does not matter. The important thing is you vote and then you support whoever gets elected and you show respect for the office. For those of us that have served we did not have a choice to serve under a Bush or a Kerry we served for our country. Well I at least feel a little better I chimed in. VOTE and Keep this site infomative to those of us that are actually learning from the users that are taking there time to share.

Lobo
07-15-2004, 13:10
BeaverTrapper

Thanks for the six years oveseas.

Dudeboard
07-15-2004, 13:31
Let's face it folks, most of us are in front of the computer because we can't be hiking right now (for one reason or another), we're bored, you can get only so much satisfaction discussing the relative merits of one hammock over another, so you throw in a political thread here or there that's related to hiking or conservation. So what? Don't like the thread, don't read it.

SGT Rock
07-15-2004, 13:53
Or put people on ignore if you never like their posts. You won't have to read anything they say as long as you leave that on.

smokymtnsteve
07-15-2004, 13:55
Or put people on ignore if you never like their posts. You won't have to read anything they say as long as you leave that on.

purty simple ain't it

tlbj6142
07-15-2004, 14:18
Or put people on ignore if you never like their posts. You won't have to read anything they say as long as you leave that on.Once you learn to wield the power of apathy you find you have so much more time to think. And your life becomes so much more simple.

Turn off the radio, turn off the TV and put down the newspaper.

I started this almost a year ago when I started listening to books-on-CD on my commutes to/from work. Once I ran out of "reading" material I realized how much more stressfull my life was when I "paid attention" to the news, politics, etc. So, now I enjoy a quite commute.

Besides, it pisses my mother-in-law (a CNN junkie) off to no end. Now she has nothing to talk to me about. Which is also a good thing.:D

SavageLlama
07-15-2004, 15:48
What happened to the other thread about Bush allowing logging and roads in the national forest, not the one about the chattahoochee .
I believe that thread is in the media forum.

Frosty
07-15-2004, 17:14
Once you learn to wield the power of apathy you find you have so much more time to think.I was going to learn the power of apathy but just couldn't be bothered.

Pencil Pusher
07-15-2004, 17:35
The downside to the ignore list is you isolate yourself from debate. I don't see the benefit of putting anyone on the ignore list, simply because no one here is that offensive. Also, I take it there are other members here who have the power to delete or modify posts, so maybe Attroll had nothing to do with any such deletion...

slowroller
07-15-2004, 23:27
Got one of my post deleted the other day, and I was being nice dangit... :rolleyes:

Rocalousas
07-15-2004, 23:51
Got one of my post deleted the other day, and I was being nice dangit... :rolleyes:
What did you say?

attroll
07-16-2004, 12:27
No I did not delete it as you can see it is now merged with this thread. I had some complaints. So I put it in limbo for awhile until I could read it. I am a little dissapointed that it started out as one thing and it got totally changed and now it was talkng about growing your own dope. Can't we be a little more civilized. Also I don't want this site to be turned into a clashing between Bush and Kerry. I think we can be more productive then that. I will not stop it from happening unless it gets really out of hand. But I would like to see people be a little more civilized towards each other. This site was not created for bickering and trying to piss others off. I don't think I need to go into the full explaination as to why this site was created. But it is everyones site and not just mine. So keep in mind it is what you make it. Enough said.

smokymtnsteve
07-16-2004, 20:56
actually we were talking about HEMP..which is not nesscessarily dope...if we as a nation starting growing and Utilizing hemp for fiber and oil we could solve some enviornmetal problems caused by logging and oil production and cotton production for that matter. why george washington and t jefferson both were hemp growers and in the WWII era farmers were encouraged to grow hemp as it was nesscessary for the war effort after we lost our access to manila hemp that was imported from the phillipines.

so discussing hemp is a very relevant issue when it comes to logging and to why we don't need to log our remaining older growth.

steve hiker
07-16-2004, 21:37
actually we were talking about HEMP..which is not nesscessarily dope...if we as a nation starting growing and Utilizing hemp for fiber and oil we could solve some enviornmetal problems caused by logging and oil production and cotton production for that matter. why george washington and t jefferson both were hemp growers and in the WWII era farmers were encouraged to grow hemp as it was nesscessary for the war effort after we lost our access to manils hemp that was imported from the phillipines.

so discussing hemp is a very relevant issue when it comes to logging and to why we don't need to log our remaining older growth.
Well put smokymtn. Also if we'd legalize pot we'd eventually put a big dent in the alcoholism rate. With an alternative, legal intoxicant that is non-addicting, many who would otherwise become alcoholics b/c the only legally available intoxicant is alcohol, would use pot instead which would put a big hurt on alcoholism and liquor company profits.

smokymtnsteve
07-17-2004, 07:50
Well put smokymtn. Also if we'd legalize pot we'd eventually put a big dent in the alcoholism rate. With an alternative, legal intoxicant that is non-addicting, many who would otherwise become alcoholics b/c the only legally available intoxicant is alcohol, would use pot instead which would put a big hurt on alcoholism and liquor company profits.

well i personally agree with this too..but I am not sure that it is relevant to logging discussion..but not having Hemp for fiber and paper is. If we as a nation were allowed to Legally grow Hemp we could drastically reduce our need for wood pulp and save on logging our national forest.

Why thomas jefferson drafted our Decalaration of Independence on hemp paper....what happened to our freedom and independence?

check out these facts about Industrial hemp

http://www.thehia.org/hempfacts.htm

Kozmic Zian
07-17-2004, 18:41
Yea..... Speaking of Ignore.....Wha happened to JBL? Maybe he got gunned down?KZ@:banana

steve hiker
07-17-2004, 19:00
JBL is probably on the trail. When he came here about a month ago he said his section hike was about 30 days away.

Pencil Pusher
07-17-2004, 20:10
Seems you two aren't the only ones wondering where JLB (JBL?) went. Here's a PM I got, the author thinks JLB is now posting under a different moniker (guess who). I erased the name to try and be cool with this humor:

Originally Posted by
Aw Jack, you could of at least given us here at Whiteblaze a similar poignant note to let us know you were heading out. It's too bad you jumped right into the gun thread. I've seen that you can be nice when you want to (or want something). It has always been my impression that you were truly looking for hiking advice but couldn't pass on the guns, passion is as passion does.

When you're hiking along, think about the white blazes. So many of those have been painted by the volunteers, many of whom are regulars to this site. The water bars, stepping stones, bridges and shelters too, all put there by people who have a deep love and affection for the trail. Let us know how it all turns out, we'll understand.

P.S. WATCH OUT FOR THEM BEARS. Maybe someone will leave a cooler of Diet Cokes for ya, although I much prefer Diet Dr. Pepper.

Kozmic Zian
07-18-2004, 19:38
Yea....You should know, biker boy!

Kozmic Zian
07-18-2004, 19:43
Yea......Ever heard of 'Move On'? We already do! Check it out at www.Moveon.com (http://www.moveon.com/) or www.informationclearinghouse.info (http://www.informationclearinghouse.info) KZ@;)

Kozmic Zian
07-18-2004, 19:56
Yea.....Sounds to me like you're the one who's passin' out 'commie' like directives, there LW......Anything else ya wanna kick off the net, 'cause you don't agree with it? Maybe a few pinkos or fa*s, or kinks or ki*es, or sand n******, or anybody else different from you, 'cause they maybe, don't think the same way you do? Huh? Huh? KZ@:D

p.s. I earned my right to express myself and I fought for 'freedom'....whatever that is.

Pencil Pusher
07-18-2004, 20:27
So how are PM's being rerouted here? That seems to be the case for KZ alone.

Lone Wolf
07-18-2004, 21:52
*** are you babblin about Koz? You're unstable. Put the pipe down and back away from the puter. NOW!

Kozmic Zian
07-19-2004, 11:33
*** are you babblin about Koz? You're unstable. Put the pipe down and back away from the puter. NOW!
Yea.....LW, why is it you think you have to control everything? Are you that insecure? Too Bad...KZ@:rolleyes:

U-BOLT
07-19-2004, 13:07
Sounds like KZ and LW both need to take a long walk. And being in that zoo of DC, I guess that would drive anybody batty.

smokymtnsteve
07-19-2004, 13:19
Sounds like KZ and LW both need to take a long walk. And being in that zoo of DC, I guess that would drive anybody batty.

Ok so we can see how living in the DC area could get to ya and make ya a little batty

..but Lone Wolf lives in beautiful Damascus VA ,:D

Kozmic Zian
07-19-2004, 13:20
Sounds like KZ and LW both need to take a long walk. And being in that zoo of DC, I guess that would drive anybody batty.Yea.....DC's Crazy, So'r Lot's O' Cities in the US. Batty, Naw.....tired of LW's inconsiderate, disrespectful, childish banter, yes. KZ@:rolleyes:

Kozmic Zian
07-19-2004, 13:41
Ok so we can see how living in the DC area could get to ya and make ya a little batty

..but Lone Wolf lives in beautiful Damascus VA ,real near Mt. Rogers and the Highlands...and LW walks on the AT everyday... :D

Yea.....So, what's the freakin' point. Why don't you two get married or somthin'. Jeeesze.....What, he can't speak for himself? Go finger....KZ@:D

smokymtnsteve
07-19-2004, 13:45
Yea.....So, what's the freakin' point. Why don't you two get married or somthin'. Jeeesze.....What, he can't speak for himself? Go finger....KZ@:D

LW is not my type... :D

Kozmic Zian
07-19-2004, 16:47
LW is not my type... :D Yea.....We'll who's 'we' ? KZ@:D

Rocalousas
07-19-2004, 17:56
Why don't you two get married or somthin'.
They don't live in Massachussetts?

smokymtnsteve
07-19-2004, 18:03
Yea.....So, what's the freakin' point. ..KZ@:D

living and dealing with the DC area I can understand your stress but LW lives in Damascus VA...so what is his excuse?

SavageLlama
07-20-2004, 13:39
Worth noting that President Nixon's EPA chief slammed Bush today..

The head of the Environmental Protection Agency for two Republican presidents criticized President Bush's record on Monday, calling it a "polluter protection" policy.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/07/20/bush.environment.ap/index.html

Alligator
07-20-2004, 16:19
Kinda weird about that JLB guy. Sort of dropped off the face of the planet. Maybe he had a freak accident, like sky-diving. No ill thoughts there mind you. That'd be a twisted story. Wife takes her husband out for his first jump, packs his 'chute for him real well ;) ...

Motive: Neglect of family.

But, he did say he was going hiking. I know when I say I'm going hiking, I really go hiking. Without a doubt, I am sure he is out on the trail, pounding miles, climbing mts., kicking his own a$$ just to convince himself that he is finally achieving his dream. I'm sure he'll be back with some good stories to tell and lots of great pictures for the gallery.

Pencil Pusher
07-20-2004, 19:03
But, he did say he was going hiking. I know when I say I'm going hiking, I really go hiking.
So then you're JLB? In which case, he's hiking and your typing? Trippy...

Alligator
07-20-2004, 20:57
So then you're JLB? Well gee, I'm not sure if I should take that as an insult or compliment, you thinking I was him:p.

Sorry, I'm a little taller and my beer gut is a little smaller than his. I'll try to upload a portrait, but I'm not sure if I can...

Pencil Pusher
07-20-2004, 22:00
Well gee, I'm not sure if I should take that as an insult or compliment, you thinking I was him:p.Wow, deja vu. If you're taller with a smaller beer gut, where's the reference photo for us to look at? 'Reference' as in JLB's photo.

Alligator
07-20-2004, 23:45
I'm the guy with the knee brace. JLB of course has the gun holster. But to be fair, word is that JLB has been out on the trail for a couple of weeks, and that photo is pre-trail. My photo was taken last week on trail. Guess the bridge?

Pencil Pusher
07-20-2004, 23:58
Where'd you get the photo of JLB from?

Alligator
07-21-2004, 11:05
10. Bubble gum card.

9. Milk carton.

8. Ten most wanted trolls.

7. Prolific writers of the internet.

6. Enemies of DU file photo.

5. Fallen heroes of GU.

4. Kerry staff photo.

3. Nobody notices an alligator in Florida.

2. Approach trail parking lot.

1. Public domain.

But I think you're pressing Attroll's buttons today, so quit ringing my bell.

Pencil Pusher
07-21-2004, 11:08
I think moderators and admins have the right to have a different screen name, it gives them the freedom to voice their opinions without having to tread the line, so to speak. But other 'users'? Grow up already. Though in your own little head, I'm sure it's quite entertaining.

Alligator
07-21-2004, 11:39
You've got me, I'm really JLB. The tangled recesses of my mind have created multiple personalities, trollish nightmares born under the sign of the ram. I do hereby pledge to only post from here on out as Alligator. In fact, I give Sgt. Rock and Attroll permission to delete the username JLB immediately. May he rest in peace.

Pencil Pusher
07-21-2004, 16:33
Nah, you're not JLB and those aren't photos of him, nor you. He'll come back, though. Now we can both laugh at ourselves for calling each other JLB:D

The Old Fhart
07-22-2004, 20:02
Normally I don't comment on political crap but here is one link that you all (or y'all) should visit. Please give it time to load. http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/contentPlay/shockwave.jsp?id=this_land&preplay=1&ratingBar=off

Pencil Pusher
07-22-2004, 20:37
That was a fun film, thanks for sharing!:)