PDA

View Full Version : got lime disese hiking pensilvania.

undergroundnathan
07-22-2009, 16:56
I hiked all of june,maryland and pensilvania, then went home.It was a good trip ,but I ran out of money and had to go home to wisconsin.the last week in pensivania I picked a deer tick off of my ear,didnt get a bullsye,but when I got home my ankles were a little sore, and I felt just a little under the wheather.I went to the doctor and did the test.Sure enough I had lime disese.just started antibiotics,caught it early ill be fine. see you all latter, SINCERLY UNDERGROUND.

flemdawg1
07-22-2009, 17:12
Get well soon Nathan.

Summit
07-22-2009, 17:28
Glad you caught it early Nathan! You'll be fine and I'm so glad you had a great time and hike. Hope you can get back out there soon!

emerald
07-22-2009, 17:36
Sorry to hear about your experience.

GeneralLee10
07-22-2009, 18:34
I work outside all day everyday (excluding some weekends) in the woods swamp you name it. I have found alot of ticks on me from job to job some are worse than others amount of ticks that is. Have not yet had lime disease sorry to here about your case and hope you get better.

Tinker
07-22-2009, 23:21
I had it (Lyme - named after the town in which it was first diagnosed - Lyme, Connecticut) earlier this year. I diagnosed myself and persuaded my dermatologist to give me Doxycycline. After a week I could walk with minimal pain in my knees. All is well now. I had been treated in the 1990s and know it's nothing to flirt with by putting off treatment. Since my bites were in my scalp, only the edge of the rash was visible (on the side of my face and neck).

Pedaling Fool
07-23-2009, 08:03
A significant % of people don't get that "Bullseye".

Chaco Taco
07-25-2009, 16:36
I hiked all of june,maryland and pensilvania, then went home.It was a good trip ,but I ran out of money and had to go home to wisconsin.the last week in pensivania I picked a deer tick off of my ear,didnt get a bullsye,but when I got home my ankles were a little sore, and I felt just a little under the wheather.I went to the doctor and did the test.Sure enough I had lime disese.just started antibiotics,caught it early ill be fine. see you all latter, SINCERLY UNDERGROUND.

PA claims yet another to tha Lyme. Hang in there man. You will be back hiking before you know it. Good luck

Spogatz
07-25-2009, 18:31
I had lime once....got it from drinking too much sprite...