PDA

View Full Version : Primus Tea-Coffee Kettle

MedicineMan
07-14-2004, 04:20
Playing with a new cooking option:

http://www.whiteblaze.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/4088/password/0/sort/1/cat/500/page/1

The kettle is around 5.4oz.....not to shabby for anodized aluminum, the Turbo-F via Brasslite is less than an oz.
I measured 2 cups of water and 1oz. of alcohol, boil time was a bit over 7 minutes, maybe Sgt. Rock will do a super detailed study.
The brass stove fits in the kettle with room for a small alcohol bottle.
The kettle pours well with the integral handle and for those who just need to boil water to prepare a meal/drink the large surface of the bottom captures most all of the heat from the stove.
The kettle was $14.95 at back-countrygear.com but they charged a $5 small shipping fee.
Just another option to consider.

Brasslite
07-14-2004, 06:23
Playing with a new cooking option:

http://www.whiteblaze.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/4088/password/0/sort/1/cat/500/page/1

The kettle is around 5.4oz.....not to shabby for anodized aluminum, the Turbo-F via Brasslite is less than an oz.
I measured 2 cups of water and 1oz. of alcohol, boil time was a bit over 7 minutes, maybe Sgt. Rock will do a super detailed study.
The brass stove fits in the kettle with room for a small alcohol bottle.
The kettle pours well with the integral handle and for those who just need to boil water to prepare a meal/drink the large surface of the bottom captures most all of the heat from the stove.
The kettle was $14.95 at back-countrygear.com but they charged a $5 small shipping fee.
Just another option to consider.
FYI Brasslite is now selling a 0.7 L, 4 oz weight non-stick pot that is $15 INCLUDING shipping. The boil time is quicker. The plan is to get them in anoidzed as well, but they aren't here yet.

VAMTNHIKER
07-14-2004, 07:05
My son has the Primus kettle and loves it. I am very impressed how well it works.

Lilred
07-14-2004, 11:30
I have the primus kettle also and it worked great on my section hike last Nov. I've only used it for boiling water and making soup. I don't think it would work as well for cooking a pasta dinner or such. I can fit my alcohol stove, pot stand, and the aluminum foil I used as a windscreen inside it for packing which was an extra bonus. On my next section hike, I'll invest in a lightweight pot that the primus kettle will fit into and I'll have a nice nesting of my kitchen.