PDA

View Full Version : Long Trail Northern Term. B&B suggestions?

gravityman
07-14-2004, 10:06
Hi,
Got a question about the Long Trail. My parents are driving my wife and I up to the Northern Terminus, and I wanted to put them up in a B&B. There are three listed in the End2End guide : 1893 House, Rose Apple Acres Farm and North Troy Inn. All about the same price in the guide.

Does anyone have a recommendation?

Thanks so much!

Gravity Man

DebW
07-14-2004, 10:18
We went to Rose Apple Acres Farm to get a shuttle to the trailhead for our start last September. Didn't stay at the B&B because they don't take dogs. Jay the proprietor was very nice, shuttled us in, and kept our car for 2 weeks. I'd recommend letting Jay shuttle you in, as the road to Journey's end is pretty washed out in places.

slatchley
07-14-2004, 12:29
When r u going?

The Old Fhart
07-14-2004, 12:50
I had posted this in another thread (Other Trails>Long Trail) but I'll repeat it here as it might be of some interest:
"When I did the Long Trail I had my wife drop me off at at the last road crossing (RT-105 ?) 2.5 miles south of the border, stashed my pack, went to the northern end for the photo op, and headed south. I found that much easier than my old guidebook description of driving in toward the end, and it saves time."

gravityman
07-14-2004, 12:59
When r u going?

We plan on starting at some point in the day on July 24th and hiking until we have to leave on August 12th.

Gravity Man

stranger
07-18-2004, 03:50
I stayed at the North Troy Inn, it was OK but the owners got annoyed at us for using their phone??? Long time ago however, never heard a bad thing about Rose Apple Acres.