PDA

View Full Version : Lost Dog

TOW
07-31-2009, 11:58
A friend of mine took Sally my dog up on the Iron Mt Trail last night and she took off on him this morning. She may have gotten onto the AT between here and Troutdale, Va.

If anyone sees her please get in touch with me at 276-475-3470. That is her with me on my avatar.

Blissful
07-31-2009, 13:44
May she come home soon! Praying for you.

TOW
07-31-2009, 16:02
We found her! I went out to where she was last seen and yelled for her and about a half hour she came strolling up to me...........

SteveJ
07-31-2009, 16:23
whoo-hoo!!!

HikerRanky
07-31-2009, 16:30
Good to hear TOW!!!:banana:banana
Randy

Phreak
07-31-2009, 16:30
I'm glad to hear she's back home!!! :sun

Marta
07-31-2009, 16:34
Glad to hear she's back.

mudcap
07-31-2009, 17:12
Greatb ending to the story TOW,I am happy for the two of you !

Blissful
07-31-2009, 19:55
Wow, thank you Lord!! :)

ed bell
07-31-2009, 20:57
TOW,
Glad you got her back. I'd be reluctant to loan my dog to anyone. Probably not a good idea.

Lilred
07-31-2009, 23:55
That's great news TOW. When I saw the subject title with your name on it, my heart sank. Glad to hear she's safe and sound.

TOW
08-01-2009, 06:46
TOW,
Glad you got her back. I'd be reluctant to loan my dog to anyone. Probably not a good idea.I agree, I think from here on out I will just go camp out along with her.....

She has been by my side since and refuses to go outside further than a potty break........

Her and now a cat that I call Little Bit are the only beings that I know for a fact that love me.

The cat I rescued from underneath the house when the mother booted it from the litter. It wasn't more than a month and a half old. Its little eyes were caked with dry drainage and it was sneezing and wheezing, then its littl tummy was all swollen and it had the runs something terrible. We cleaned all the junk from its little eyes and started feeding it soft foods and it responded well. Went and bought some cold medicine and gave it to him and he came around even better.

So its doing good and all but its little tummy is still swollen and it has the sniffles and is sneezing. I go to the vet and take a stool sample, roundworms! So they give me antibiotics for the upper respitory infection and liquid wormer of which I applied half and the other half within two weeks and man that did the trick!

So Sally, Little Bit, and I are getting use to getting to know each other, Sally is just not a cat lover by nature but she has come around to the point that she is protecting Little Bit now.

Everything is rolling along until I decided to give Sally a dose of Frontline. I had a drop left over and decided to put it on Little Bit's back reasoniong that only a drop would do the trick according to his size. It almost killed him, within three hours he was shaking like a leaf and then he starts convulsing!

I am going nuts, I call the vet and she says the only thing I can do is wash off the remainder of the stuff and start popping water down its little throat. I thought I was going to lose the little fellar, man I was tore up. But slowly it came around and last night when I took Sally out for a walk I turned around and there he was a following us.

I don't get it though, he nor Sally likes to sleep with me. We all will start out sleeping with me but in the morning everyone will be in their seperate places.

Anyway as soon as I can get someone to take a pic for me I will post it of Little Bit.

Puppy
08-01-2009, 08:20
TOW,

They probably just start getting to warm in the bed and then move out to cool off.

One of my dogs sleeps right next to me all night in winter, but in summer she starts off up there but does not stay too long - she likes the cool floor in summer.

I am so very glad you got your dog back - I would be freaking out if mine got lost !

Puppy