PDA

View Full Version : Barefoot Sisters Launch Book Tour at ATC Tues. Aug. 4 at Noon

Lauriep
08-01-2009, 14:06
From our website:

Barefoot Sisters Launch Book Tour at Appalachian Trail Visitors Center
Harpers Ferry, W. Va

AT the late spring of 2000, Lucy Letcher, 25, and her just-graduated sister, Susan, 21, set out hiking the Appalachian Trail from their home in Maine to Georgia.

And then back again the following March.

Mostly barefoot.

That sort of thing gets noticed, even among the largest-ever “class” of thru-hikers.

At noon on Tuesday, August 4, the “Barefoot Sisters”—known on the trail as “Isis” and “Jackrabbit”—begin a signing tour for the first of their two books, The Barefoot Sisters Southbound, in the Appalachian Trail Visitors Center at the Appalachian Trail Conservancy national headquarters in Harpers Ferry, W.Va. (799 Washington Street, at the corner of Storer College Place).

Their 474-page book, praised by many reviewers (hikers and nonhikers alike) for the exceptional writing, will be available for sale and autographing at the ATC member price of $21.20 (the regular retail price is $24.95).

The women are flying in from Berlin and Central America, respectively, for the tour, and their next stop is August 5 at 7 p.m. at Campmor’s retail store at 400 Corporate Drive in Mahwah, N.J.

Laurie P.
ATC

humunuku
08-02-2009, 15:52
anyone know where I might find their schedule of where there going to be?

Lauriep
08-05-2009, 08:04
It was great to see the Barefoot Sisters again yesterday at ATC. The Hagerstown paper and TV stations came by, TV station story here (http://tinyurl.com/mrbhhf). I also posted my first attempt at video here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD7-e7q_al4)--the subjects were great, the cameraperson obviously an amateur...

With the A.T. Museum's panel about Benton MacKaye in the background, I wondered what he would think had he been there. He said the purpose of the Trail is "to walk, to see, and see what you see." Clearly these women experienced the A.T. in a unique and thoughtful way.

Laurie P.
ATC