PDA

View Full Version : Good price on tent

Chicken Feathers
08-02-2009, 08:24
I found this on sierra trading post. A good deal if you need a tent Here is the link
http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/4264,1098S_Mountain-Hardwear-Skypoint-1-Tent-1-Person-3-Season.html
Oh yes if you buy tent don' forget to send me a finders fee LOL

Squeamish
08-11-2009, 16:58
LOVE my lightpath 2, kinda heavy but i have total confidence in it in all weather conditions.

gohawks
08-11-2009, 23:21
Not to mention that STP has 16% cashback from bing.com making this tent $117.56

Wise Old Owl
08-13-2009, 18:28
The clip & the one that you posted here are very close to what I had ten years ago, a 2 lbs 2 hoop single and there were some issues, sliding in sideways in a storm or dirt clearing made the sleeping bag dirty, and I had problems with condensation and not being able to sit up while changing. One has to change outside the tent, a small issue when traveling with a group.

I was curious to find out if these issues still exist with this design!

Summit
08-13-2009, 20:50
The clip & the one that you posted here are very close to what I had ten years ago, a 2 lbs 2 hoop single and there were some issues, sliding in sideways in a storm or dirt clearing made the sleeping bag dirty, and I had problems with condensation and not being able to sit up while changing. One has to change outside the tent, a small issue when traveling with a group.

I was curious to find out if these issues still exist with this design!Yep, my 2-man SD Lightning solves all those problems and I got it on sale for less than the OP's tent deal. Granted it's just under 4 lbs but well worth it for the extra room.

Wise Old Owl
08-13-2009, 20:57
Well that what I am talking about; having been in these tents during a downpour, you have to sleep staying put and rolling over or sitting up is not an option. Getting in or out without a pee bottle just soaks more equipment. However mine was a lot lower & older.

Eventually before Clip came out I went with a

Mountain Hardwear Meridian One 4lbs.

http://images.usoutdoorstore.com/usoutdoorstore/products/thumbs/mthw_meridian1_tent_06.jpg