PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to Princeton Tec

summermike
08-05-2009, 14:35
The rubber on/off button for my Aurora came apart and I could only use it by poking a pin down into the hole (a pain in the dark). It otherwise still functioned fine and I didn't want to just toss it. I emailed PT and asked if they had a replacement part for the button. They replied within hours that they'd mail me one (they actually sent two) at no charge. It arrived a few days later. Fast (and free) customer service for a headlamp they don't even make anymore - nice!

Jonnycat
08-05-2009, 16:27
Nice, thanks for sharing that. My EOS has a crack in the housing from the screw, and I'd rather not put it on REI. I think I'll send PT an email.

Great to hear about a company doing the right thing!

Another company, Katadyn, has a similar principle of doing business, and has gone beyond the call of duty to assist me in the past as well.

Disney
08-05-2009, 16:36
That's good to know. Companies who do the right thing should get credit for it.

Mountain Hardware replaced my rain cover for my four year old one man tent at no charge. Even though most likely the problem was my own personal lack of maintenance. It was simply too old and had lost it's effectiveness overtime.

wrongway_08
08-05-2009, 16:38
Katadyn sent two of us new filter bodies after ours split on the trail last year. They split at the handle shaft, where the O-ring glides seals things up. .

Mine split again, going back to REI this time . Will be adding a small reinforcment to that area this time.