PDA

View Full Version : STOLEN gear- Seen it?

dloome
08-06-2009, 20:16
My girlfriend and I had some gear stolen out of our garage while we were out hiking for the last month. We live in Flagstaff, AZ. It was probably taken some time in early July. So this is a long shot, but maybe someone has seen this stuff on ebay, etc. We also posted on Craigslist, but are trying everywhere.

Stolen was:
-One red/gray Sierra Designs women's "Spark" 15 degree down bag
-One green/black Jacks R Better "Old Rag Mtn." winter down quilt
-One green/gray Sierra Designs "Titan" men's hooded down parka.

All of it in two big black mesh storage bags. The stuff is probably long gone, but items like a JRB quilt aren't very common, so maybe this will ring a bell with someone if it's been for sale somewhere. We're going to have a REALLY hard time replacing this stuff financially anytime soon, (beginning of the school year is always a "lean" time) and we are pretty upset about this- Any plans for hiking over our Winter break from NAU are out the window (this was almost all of our cold-weather gear) and now we get to live on MORE of a shoe-string budget for the next couple months to replace our things.

Anyway, it's a long shot, but there it is. :(

StarLyte
08-06-2009, 20:37
Dear Flagstaff friends,

I am so sorry to hear this :(

I will keep an open eye for sure. I hope others will too.

May the universe bring you something good in return for your loss. :sun

flemdawg1
08-06-2009, 20:39
I'll keep an eye open too. I could sure use that quilt. ;-)

chknfngrs
08-06-2009, 20:44
Sounds to me like an inside job!

((was taken while you were gone, perhaps by someone who knew you would be gone))

Tinker
08-06-2009, 22:41
Too late now, but for future gear, use a permanent marker to prominently display your name (trail name at least) and phone number (work phone is probably best).
I wish you the best in your attempt to recover your gear.