PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Nean

rootball
08-07-2009, 18:10
Nean did a really cool thing - he bought a pack for me off craigslist - then after a bunch of pm's and phone calls - he brought that pack all the way to Greeneville, TN and delivered it to me. That is one nice dude to go to all the trouble to help someone out. There are more details to the story, but that is the jist of it. He did a nice thing.
I gotta say - Nean, you are a good dude.
I feel the need to pay that coolness back by helping another whiteblazer when I get the chance.
Thanks Nean - I hope that Stout Ale made you woozy - hope your trail from Maine is a good one.

Summit
08-07-2009, 19:07
Nice deed indeed! The world sure needs more acts of kindness like that!

Mags
08-07-2009, 19:37
Nean is good people.

WB really is a great community, too.

http://www.clipartof.com/images/thumbnail/1948.gif

Lone Wolf
08-07-2009, 21:38
i hung out with Nean last night for a few hours at Dot's along with Big Tom and Lex from Survivor Africa

Hoop Time
08-08-2009, 10:53
WB really is a great community, too.

I second that. As someone who has spent a lot of time monitoring and trying to build civil online communities (used to edit a newspaper's Web site), I can tell you there are not a lot of boards as civil and supportive as this one.

Experienced the kindness and generosity of this board firsthand not long after I started coming here when LW responded to my query about the right pack for Cookie Monster by sending her a pack.

Give a lot of credit for the quality of this board to the folks who post here, but especially to the moderators, who really do a good job of keeping this from turning into the sort of free for all many boards are.

Rain Man
08-08-2009, 12:26
I feel the need to pay that coolness back by helping another whiteblazer when I get the chance.

Very nice to hear... and that you intend to do likewise. WB is full of nice, helpful, generous folks.

Give a lot of credit for the quality of this board to the folks who post here, but especially to the moderators, who really do a good job of keeping this from turning into the sort of free for all many boards are.

It hasn't always been that way, and it has taken some tough stands to sort things out, lay down some law, and restore civility, but it has worked, indeed. Thank You, Moderators!!!

Rain:sunMan

Sly
08-08-2009, 13:43
i hung out with Nean last night for a few hours at Dot's along with Big Tom and Lex from Survivor Africa

No ****, both Tom and Lex were there? That's cool. Nean's the best!

CrumbSnatcher
08-08-2009, 13:51
Neans One Of The Nicest People You Could Ever Meet!

Lone Wolf
08-08-2009, 14:47
No ****, both Tom and Lex were there? That's cool. Nean's the best!

yeah lex and family comes around once a year to hang out with tom and his family

TOW
08-08-2009, 14:51
met nean briefly, wish i would have had more time to spend with him but the bed was calling my name.........

CrumbSnatcher
08-08-2009, 15:34
yeah lex and family comes around once a year to hang out with tom and his family
im a little slower than most! someone who was on survivor lives in damascus? did he live there before being on the show?

Lone Wolf
08-08-2009, 17:31
im a little slower than most! someone who was on survivor lives in damascus? did he live there before being on the show?

no, big tom lives near groseclose

fehchet
08-09-2009, 15:58
Nean is good people.

Blissful
08-09-2009, 18:47
Nice news for a change - people helping people.