PDA

View Full Version : Can any meterologists predict water in NJ and NY

MedicineMan
08-11-2009, 04:03
Leaving for the Water Gap in 5ish weeks...wondering what the water sources will be like end of September heading north?

juma
08-11-2009, 06:51
just got back from hiking bear mountain bridge to highway 17a in new york. water was flowing pretty good. trail angels left some out too and replenished every day. rain is continuing up there so there will probably still be water in september. thruhikers told me they stopped at private homes and got water sometimes too.

juma

Homer&Marje
08-11-2009, 07:00
Meteorologist report from this summer.

Partly sunny with a low in the mid-60's and a high in the mid-80's. 20% chance of rain with the possibility of scattered afternoon thunderstorms.

Partly sunny with a low in the mid-60's and a high in the mid-80's. 20% chance of rain with the possibility of scattered afternoon thunderstorms.

Here's my report. 10% chance of 100% chance of rain.:D

sasquatch2014
08-11-2009, 09:25
By this time of year i am normally humping water up to the Telephone Pioneer Shelter. Not this year the stream has still been pretty steady with a flow and we had another big rain last night bigger than the rain we had the night before which was about the size of the one two nights back......

Yep looks like the pattern will continue and if it doesn't it will still take a while for the water sources to start to fail. This is also a pretty populated area as someone else said and once you are on my side (East) of the Hudson you have all the Deli stops and they all let you fill up with water too same with Native Landscapes on NY 22

Blue Jay
08-11-2009, 09:41
No, reading tea leaves is just as accurate. Actually better because few people think reading tea leaves is a science.

spindle
08-11-2009, 09:44
There will be water. Maybe rain. It will be cool.

Have a good hike!

Pacific Tortuga
08-11-2009, 09:53
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif Can any meterologists predict water in NJ and NY

Not likely. It has to be the only profession that you can be 50% right and still be employed. :-? I wish someone had said that to me on career day in H.S.

Homer&Marje
08-11-2009, 11:19
Your guys get it right 50% of the time? Man they're good:D

What I do is watch 3 different weather reports and then come up with my own that's different than all of theirs. Usually mine is right:rolleyes:

Pacific Tortuga
08-11-2009, 11:39
[quote=Homer&Marje;878595]Your guys get it right 50% of the time? Man they're good:D

What I do is watch 3 different weather reports and then come up with my own that's different than all of theirs. Usually mine is right:rolleyes:[/quote

It's California, sunny, kind of sunny, hazy smog or a slim chance of rain.
Not too hard.

Reid
08-11-2009, 11:45
I do it like the indians did. I see a cloud come up, well, it's probably gonna rain.

leeki pole
08-11-2009, 12:02
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif Can any meterologists predict water in NJ and NY

Not likely. It has to be the only profession that you can be 50% right and still be employed. :-? I wish someone had said that to me on career day in H.S.
Heck, you can hit .270 and be an all star in major league baseball and make $10 million a year. Just ask A Rod.

Pacific Tortuga
08-11-2009, 12:12
Heck, you can hit .270 and be an all star in major league baseball and make $10 million a year. Just ask A Rod.

Hitting a round ball going 90 mph with a round bat, square, has to be the hardest thing to do in sports, IMO.
My hero's have always been teachers, military and of course, cowboy's.