PDA

View Full Version : Hike needs to be rescued twice / same spot

yaduck9
08-14-2009, 08:53
Hiker needs to be rescued twice from same area. Good thing he is not in NH.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/2749684/Second-rescue-annoys-police

You gotta love a persistent hiker. :o

The Weasel
08-14-2009, 09:34
Bad news: He's moving to Hanover and renting a room from Jack's friend!

TW

yaduck9
08-14-2009, 09:57
Bad news: He's moving to Hanover and renting a room from Jack's friend!

TW

In that case, he'll need to be "rescued" on a regular basis......;)

Homer&Marje
08-14-2009, 09:58
You see... that's negligence. There is a clear definable difference...in my opinion.

Wise Old Owl
08-14-2009, 10:15
Wow I am so moving to NZ!

The Old Fhart
08-14-2009, 11:49
Homer&Marje-"You see... that's negligence. There is a clear definable difference...in my opinion."The difference is he was negligent and had to be rescued twice, not just once.:D

Lemni Skate
08-22-2009, 09:58
Interesting...In every state in the United States we'd have arrested and fined that guy.

New Zealand is looking like a more free country than the United States from this little article. I wonder if they need math teachers.

rp1790
08-22-2009, 18:07
Interesting...In every state in the United States we'd have arrested and fined that guy.

New Zealand is looking like a more free country than the United States from this little article. I wonder if they need math teachers.

NZ is a very free and liberal country, and yes we need maths teachers!!

This guy is an idiot though (the hiker!).

weary
08-22-2009, 18:40
...New Zealand is looking like a more free country than the United States from this little article. I wonder if they need math teachers.
What could be freer than a country with a state that allows one to be rescued again and again at no cost and no penalties?

Tinker
08-22-2009, 19:57
What could be freer than a country with a state that allows one to be rescued again and again at no cost and no penalties?

I'll be glad to answer that one:
A country which lets a person be free to suffer the consequences of poor choices and reap the benefits of good ones.
Hint: Three letters - U.S.A.

Thank you.

The last thing we Americans need is another government teat to suck on.
Security from the womb to the tomb is a dream of the spoiled and coddled.

weary
08-22-2009, 21:48
....The last thing we Americans need is another government teat to suck on.
Security from the womb to the tomb is a dream of the spoiled and coddled.
Because Tinker likes to quote scripture, let me note briefly what Jesus is purported to have said, "Blessed are you poor, for yours is the kingdom of God," (Luke's version). To the rich he said, "Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth," and "go, sell what you have, and give to the poor." When the rich turned away from him because they couldn't follow his command he observed, "it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

sheepdog
08-22-2009, 21:50
I say he should give another go. Third times charm!!!

sheepdog
08-22-2009, 21:51
Because Tinker likes to quote scripture, let me note briefly what Jesus is purported to have said, "Blessed are you poor, for yours is the kingdom of God," (Luke's version). To the rich he said, "Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth," and "go, sell what you have, and give to the poor." When the rich turned away from him because they couldn't follow his command he observed, "it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."
Keep reading your Bible weary. I've been praying for you for a long time.:)

Toolshed
08-23-2009, 06:33
This happened in the Adirondacks about 5 years ago. IIRC, A fellow hiked into the Cranberry Lakes WA and was cold/wet/tired/whatever and activated his PIRB/PSLB (Whatever they call personal satellite rescue beacons now). He was rescued and I beleive the consensus was that he did not really require rescue.
Less than a month later he backpacked in again to find the gear he left behind and got lost/wet/cold and activated his PSLB again.
I thought we had a thread on that here.

Lemni Skate
09-09-2009, 12:51
Man, I'd love to up and move to New Zealand! I could teach math and enjoy summer in the winter and winter in the summer.

YoungMoose
09-09-2009, 16:02
This guys a dumbass. He deserves to get stuck up there and have to hike out like everyone else does. What a dumbass i guess he wants to die