PDA

View Full Version : Want to Rent Parking in Millinocket/Bangor Area

Philip
08-15-2009, 12:58
I will be thru-hiking SOBO starting either July or August 2010 and will be coming from Houston, TX. I want to do some exploring and sight-seeing (NYC, D.C., etc.) before I hike, so I have decided to drive my own vehicle to Maine instead of taking public transportation.

The other justification for bringing my truck instead of taking the bus/train is because I will be a new graduate and hope to get an interview or two while I'm out hiking. When I get the call, I can leave the trail and come get my truck that will contain suitable clothes, toiletries, etc. and go do my thing. Afterwards, I could return to the trail and continue south.

My plan is to leave it somewhere safe, and then make my way back from Georgia around December 2010 and pick it up. The vehicle is a new condition 4x4 SUV, so the neighbors wouldn't be complaining about a "hooptie" parked at your place for five months, and has full-coverage insurance should anything happen to it while it's on your property. I also have the title to the vehicle, so there would be no concern about any drama pertaining to delinquent bills or anything like that.

As for me, I too am a reputable guy having two masters degrees and ten years in service to the largest law enforcement agency in Texas working as an analyst.

If anyone would be interested in helping a fellow hiker fulfill his dream of thru-hiking the AT, please send me a PM and let's see if we can make a deal on price and terms. A spot in someone's garage would be my first choice, but a spot on private property where I could park it out of the way would be good too.

Thanks,

Philip

Jeff
08-15-2009, 14:17
Contact Ole Man or Navi at the AT Lodge in Millinocket. They run the hiker hostel there in addition to other services. Very good folks. I highly recommend them.

http://www.appalachiantraillodge.com/

Philip
08-15-2009, 22:07
Many thanks to both of the respondents thus far. Jeff has given some great advice, and another party has graciously offered parking on their land, but they are three hours from the park. Though I will definitely be keeping the kind offer in mind, I was hoping someone may have something even closer. Anyone? And of course I'll follow up on Jeff's advice tomorrow during an earlier hour to see what can be learned. (-:

Philip
08-16-2009, 22:07
Shameless bump.