PDA

View Full Version : Farewell WB

saimyoji
08-18-2009, 23:49
Well, I'm going to have to say goodbye to this site. There are so many reasons that I need to move on, I just can't get into all the BS right now. To all of you who have been my friends, you know what has brought me to this point and I thank you for all the kind words and encouragement. There are just too many factors that have forced me to come to this decision. It has become apparent to me that the moderators here just can't provide the fairness and objective review of members posts that needs to happen. There are people who get to do whatever they want while others are censored for their beliefs. There is an obvious favoritism that goes on here and it's a double standard. This country was founded on free speech and it's sickening to see that right being trampled here every day. I can't sit here and watch this and still be a member here. I think there are many others who feel like I do, but are afraid to speak out because they don't want to be unfairly targeted. I don't want it to end this way, but I can't, in good conscience, post here any more. There are some of you who might say, "Wait, Saimyoji, please don't stop posting here, because you post some really good things and I can't bear to post here if you aren't posting too!" To those folks I say, "Keep posting your posts, but remember to never let them tell you that your posts aren't allowed to be posted, because the Founding Fathers always posted whatever they felt like posting and that is your God given birthright!"
Maybe someday we will meet again somewhere else that actually allows honest people like you and me to be more human, without actually having to sleep in railroad cars and eat dead possums, without being required to act like we have actually done so, while still leaving the option open for drinking ourselves well into the work week without the possibility of getting our stomachs pumped before having to call into work to let them know about the untimely death of the pet snake. In closing, I hope that the powers that be will remember that my powerful statement here will usher in a flood of folks who agree with me to forever stop posting here. They will be sorry and I know that everyone will think about Saimyoji every time they click the "submit post" button. Peace out!

saimyoji
08-18-2009, 23:50
some of you may not understand the possum reference, or the railroad one, or the pet snake one, or the.....never mind......

Lugnut
08-19-2009, 00:18
It is truly sad that you have let "them" run you off. I'm sure you have made many contributions to this site in the past five years (I just can't think of any right now) however, each cog in the gear is important. You could have very well influenced a child to take up hiking, or a father to take his kids camping for the weekend or a hobe to give up trains. You, along with many others, have given freely of your advice and it was sometimes appreciated. Those of us who have chosen to stay, or go down with the ship whichever the case may be, can only wish you well. Sorry about your pet snake.

Grumpy5280
08-19-2009, 01:14
This country was founded on free speech and it's sickening to see that right being trampled here every day. ... the Founding Fathers always posted whatever they felt like posting and that is your God given birthright!"

I like you Saimyoji. But these opinions of yours show a real lack of understanding of what a right is. Yes, we have a right to free speech, and by God I'll fight for your right to say whatever you want, even if I disagree with it. Say whatever you wish on the public streets, so long as you are not creating a disturbance of the peace. But that right does NOT apply to a private website, or in a private residence, or place of business. There are boundaries. On private property, which WhiteBlaze is, well dude, you gotta play by the house rules.

If you don't like those rules, well, you can show yourself the door, as you are doing. But don't think that you have any moral, or principled high ground here because you don't. Failing to play by the rules, and then making a stink about it when you don't like them, as if you are a victim and want sympathy, well, frankly, you just don't come off credibly because the logic doesn't hold water.

elmotoots
08-19-2009, 02:55
Well now, i am rather new here so you have never offended me, and i am sure you are one heck of a nice feller. but I gotta agree with grumpy5280 on this one.

#1 Play by the rules or play elsewhere:).
#2 refer to rule number 1:eek:.

give up and play by the rules and stay onboard:D.

If not Have a good life and take care of yourself

elmo

Dances with Mice
08-19-2009, 04:06
You dare call that a rant?! You expect us to accept only two references to Constitutional rights and the founding fathers of our country in your goodbye flounce? Eddie Arnold did better rants on Green Acres while talking about parsnips. I've seen three year olds stamp their feet harder than that.

You left out all the parts about how you're a real hiker and not a cyber hiker like the rest of us. No reference at all to famous hikers you've met and camped with?

You didn't even mention how you don't have time to spend on the computer like the rest of us and how we shouldn't even bother to answer because you won't see it, you're leaving to go hiking. Oh wait, that might be trademarked.

You have to re-write that, buddy. Half-axed efforts like that will not cut it around here.

RAT
08-19-2009, 04:47
Please don't associate the legendary Eddie Arnold (singer) to Green Acres, geesh, that was Eddie Albert. Sorry dude, had to correct ya on that one ;)

Dances with Mice
08-19-2009, 05:11
Please don't associate the legendary Eddie Arnold (singer) to Green Acres, geesh, that was Eddie Albert. Sorry dude, had to correct ya on that one ;)Green, Green Grass of Home ; Green Acres. Who can keep it straight?

Homer&Marje
08-19-2009, 05:45
Oh good....I can post to this thread. I agree, ranta insufficianta would have to be the genus and species of this thread:D

I like you Saim...(Sp?) You've stuck with me on a few of them. Sucks that a snake had to die for this.

Now we can't say no animals were harmed during the creation of this thread:rolleyes:Keep hiking, all that matters.

Marta
08-19-2009, 06:42
You dare call that a rant?! You expect us to accept only two references to Constitutional rights and the founding fathers of our country in your goodbye flounce? Eddie Arnold did better rants on Green Acres while talking about parsnips. I've seen three year olds stamp their feet harder than that.

You left out all the parts about how you're a real hiker and not a cyber hiker like the rest of us. No reference at all to famous hikers you've met and camped with?

You didn't even mention how you don't have time to spend on the computer like the rest of us and how we shouldn't even bother to answer because you won't see it, you're leaving to go hiking. Oh wait, that might be trademarked.

You have to re-write that, buddy. Half-axed efforts like that will not cut it around here.

Look what you're done--I've just choked on my multi-grain breakfast toast!

Egads
08-19-2009, 07:22
I'm going on my 4th hiking season with WB and have noticed that many of the more active hikers such as Terrapin, Smokymountainsteve, Warraghiyagey, Sgt Rock, Frolicking dinos, Justjeff, Minnesmith, camojack, dixicritter, The Wookie, 4eyedbuzzard, whitefoot_hp, hammockhanger, chris, vonfrick have either stopped posting or post very infrequently. They have left for various reasons including being banned, getting bored with hiking, finding other interests, getting their feelings hurt by abusive members, and getting tired of the Mods.

I remember some of the online catfights and welcome the peace on WB, but have noticed most of the recent posts are redundant or trivial. I want to thank the members listed above and the others who have made WB the go to place for backpacking advice. It is really a great place.

Saimyoji, good luck to you and have a good life. However, as a recipient of your hateful posts in the past, I am glad we have mods and am sorry that you don't appreciate their work.

John B
08-19-2009, 07:30
[quote=Egads;881072]I'm going on my 4th hiking season with WB and have noticed that many of the more active hikers such as Terrapin, Smokymountainsteve, Warraghiyagey, Sgt Rock, Frolicking dinos, Justjeff, Minnesmith, camojack, dixicritter, The Wookie, 4eyedbuzzard, whitefoot_hp, hammockhanger, chris, vonfrick have either stopped posting or post very infrequently. They have left for various reasons including being banned, getting bored with hiking, finding other interests, getting their feelings hurt by abusive members, and getting tired of the Mods.

[quote]

I also noticed their absence and have wondered what happened and where they went. I certainly miss reading their posts. I remember what WB was like before there were moderators and never really understood why moderators are needed. By in large, I thought we were a relatively well-behaved group.

I'll miss your posts, Siamyoji. Take care.

Blue Jay
08-19-2009, 07:51
I'm going on my 4th hiking season with WB and have noticed that many of the more active hikers such as Terrapin, Smokymountainsteve, Warraghiyagey, Sgt Rock, Frolicking dinos, Justjeff, Minnesmith, camojack, dixicritter, The Wookie, 4eyedbuzzard, whitefoot_hp, hammockhanger, chris, vonfrick have either stopped posting or post very infrequently.

You forgot Bfitz and Mountain Dew two of my favorite adversaries (I hope they never read this). This used to be a very fun site however the owners wanted boring and that is their right, take it or in many cases leave it. I find it amusing to try to insert interest within the limitations.

Yukon
08-19-2009, 08:15
The modding here is terrible...enough said.

Wise Old Owl
08-19-2009, 08:15
Saimyoji, good luck to you. However, I have received posts in the past that I just didn't get, I am glad we have mods and am sorry that you don't appreciate their work. Because of Mountain Dew being kicked off for a while and I know he recently returned. I can honestly say you will be back. It's just human nature.... You will miss the camaraderie.

Don't worry about it, a break will be good for you, :-?

max patch
08-19-2009, 08:19
Saimyoji ain't going anywhere, he's hooked. His retirement lasted 4 minutes.

Welcome back, Saim!

Wise Old Owl
08-19-2009, 08:21

Everything here is Googlable, someone posts a hate / racist remark and it refects all over America and the english speaking world. You don't want people coming to WB for the wrong reasons. Hense the end of Politics and other social isssues. Thats what a politics forum is for, not WB.

The Mods do a fantastic job. And take a lot of abuse for nothing. I suspect you would have to walk a mile or two in their boots.

Gray Blazer
08-19-2009, 08:23
Sammie is right. There are mod favorites and views that are accepted and not accepted. To be deleted by a mod for having a sense of humor and then seeing some stupid thing posted by that same mod that he/she thinks is funny, but, in reality is more stupid than Arnold the pig (Green Acres ref there) is aggravating. Who is moderating the moderators? Sorry about your pet snake.

woodsy
08-19-2009, 08:29
Farewell WB

OK , Farewell
And,
Don't let the door hit you in the backside
Just kidding,
welcome back already!

Wise Old Owl
08-19-2009, 08:31
Sammie is right. There are mod favorites and views that are accepted and not accepted. To be deleted by a mod for having a sense of humor and then seeing some stupid thing posted by that same mod that he/she thinks is funny, but, in reality is more stupid than Arnold the pig (Green Acres ref there) is aggravating. Who is moderating the moderators? Sorry about your pet snake.

Most of the moderators do not need moderating. And although I can't read Sammies post, The do have a higher authority... A great guy, who needs no introduction, - The King!:D:banana

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg275/MarkSwarbrick/TheAligatorKing.jpg And Sam is not right.

Gray Blazer
08-19-2009, 08:43
Most of the moderators do not need moderating. And although I can't read Sammies post, The do have a higher authority... A great guy, who needs no introduction, - The King!:D:banana

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg275/MarkSwarbrick/TheAligatorKing.jpg And Sam is not right.

Gasp!! That's him!!

Wise Old Owl
08-19-2009, 08:52
GB I poke fun, but there was a hysterical moment where Ali said something about all of WB has tin foil hats and I just had a British foolery moment and photo-shopped that together,

my apologies to those that think, that is just not right,

Gray Blazer
08-19-2009, 09:13
GB I poke fun, but there was a hysterical moment where Ali said something about all of WB has tin foil hats and I just had a British foolery moment and photo-shopped that together,

my apologies to those that think, that is just not right,

You made me spew my coffee......no need to apologize. Funny stuff......WB can be like the old days. You just have to slip it in there past all the emo's in a language that they think they can understand, but, they really don't. You, for one, are good at that, but, I won't tell anyone.

The Weasel
08-19-2009, 09:16
Godwin's Law is due to be proven any moment now.

TW

sheepdog
08-19-2009, 09:20
Well, I'm going to have to say goodbye to this site. There are so many reasons that I need to move on, I just can't get into all the BS right now. To all of you who have been my friends, you know what has brought me to this point and I thank you for all the kind words and encouragement. There are just too many factors that have forced me to come to this decision. It has become apparent to me that the moderators here just can't provide the fairness and objective review of members posts that needs to happen. There are people who get to do whatever they want while others are censored for their beliefs. There is an obvious favoritism that goes on here and it's a double standard. This country was founded on free speech and it's sickening to see that right being trampled here every day. I can't sit here and watch this and still be a member here. I think there are many others who feel like I do, but are afraid to speak out because they don't want to be unfairly targeted. I don't want it to end this way, but I can't, in good conscience, post here any more. There are some of you who might say, "Wait, Saimyoji, please don't stop posting here, because you post some really good things and I can't bear to post here if you aren't posting too!" To those folks I say, "Keep posting your posts, but remember to never let them tell you that your posts aren't allowed to be posted, because the Founding Fathers always posted whatever they felt like posting and that is your God given birthright!"
Maybe someday we will meet again somewhere else that actually allows honest people like you and me to be more human, without actually having to sleep in railroad cars and eat dead possums, without being required to act like we have actually done so, while still leaving the option open for drinking ourselves well into the work week without the possibility of getting our stomachs pumped before having to call into work to let them know about the untimely death of the pet snake. In closing, I hope that the powers that be will remember that my powerful statement here will usher in a flood of folks who agree with me to forever stop posting here. They will be sorry and I know that everyone will think about Saimyoji every time they click the "submit post" button. Peace out!
Another sad case of the man tryin to keep a brotha down. :cool:

Gray Blazer
08-19-2009, 09:20
Godwin's Law is due to be proven any moment now.

TW

Darn you, Nazis!

sheepdog
08-19-2009, 09:24

Are rants, small plants found in the mountains with an onion flavor?

Yukon
08-19-2009, 09:25
Everything here is Googlable, someone posts a hate / racist remark and it refects all over America and the english speaking world. You don't want people coming to WB for the wrong reasons. Hense the end of Politics and other social isssues. Thats what a politics forum is for, not WB.

The Mods do a fantastic job. And take a lot of abuse for nothing. I suspect you would have to walk a mile or two in their boots.

That's a lame arguement, you think someone googles something about politics and the first place that's going to come up is whiteblaze? Give me a break...

And I have A LOT of experience in this matter, as I have been a mod for a year and now an admin for over four years of a motorcycle forum. We allow people to talk about whatever they please, if you can't handle it, you know where the door is...

max patch
08-19-2009, 09:26

Of course it is.

Although some think the mods are too permissive.

And some think the mods are too restrictive.

And others think the only thing consistent about the mods is their inconsistency.

Any problems are not the fault of the mods.

S*H*I*T flows downstream. Don't fault the mods. They work for the owners.

sheepdog
08-19-2009, 09:30
Of course it is.

S*H*I*T flows downstream. Don't fault the mods. They work for the owners.
No, it should be put in a cathole at least 200 feet from any water source. Have you learned nothing here????

Wise Old Owl
08-19-2009, 09:32
Yukon - wasn't ment to be an argument, just an observation. The mods here are just fine, and I can handle it cus I wasn't complaining.

Yes in the past folks posted stuff and WB was in the first page of google. Both good & bad. All hell has broken loose here in the past and it took more than two people to clean it up. Its not what the owners wanted. But does "appear" to be working.

sheepdog
08-19-2009, 09:35
Yukon - wasn't ment to be an argument, just an observation. The mods here are just fine, and I can handle it cus I wasn't complaining.
http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTMwODM5OTMxMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODIxMzUwMg@@._ V1._CR0,0,355,355_SS100_.jpg (http://www.whiteblaze.net/rg/mediaindex/thumbnail/media/rm3183777024/tt0062589)
One black, one white, one blond, they are on the job.

max patch
08-19-2009, 09:39
No, it should be put in a cathole at least 200 feet from any water source. Have you learned nothing here????

No no no. Grab a couple of handfulls and smear it on a rock. Then help yourself to The Weasels gorp bag.

Wise Old Owl
08-19-2009, 09:42
Don't forget to leave the TP in plain sight of the trail!

sheepdog
08-19-2009, 09:44
That's it, I'm out of here too.

sheepdog
08-19-2009, 09:45
Seriously, I'm gone.

sheepdog
No stopping me, I can't be talked out of it.

sheepdog
See ya inna funnies

sheepdog
08-19-2009, 09:47
Ok after many pm's from my friends begging me not to go, I'll stay. Just watch it.

Skyline
08-19-2009, 09:47
I never liked the banning of political opinion when it happened last year, preferring that it continue with one change: Stick to the topic and don't make personal insults toward other WB members. Violate that and live with the consequences.

The political area of WB was opt-in, and if you didn't jump through the hoops to get in (including paying an annual donation for the right), you wouldn't even be aware of what was going on there. Frankly, the political ban was a solution in search of a problem IMHO.

But the powers that be—and I otherwise respect them—decided to go a different way. It's their site; they have the most invested here in both time and money. They have a right to do what they did. What remains is sometimes repetitive and boring but WB is still worth visiting and participating in. I think it may still be the most popular AT-centric message board in the world.

Wise Old Owl
08-19-2009, 09:49
omg - I am so gone! I am going out the door never to return OOOOOOOOH! The agony, the Drama,:D

Homer&Marje
08-19-2009, 09:55
No WOO I need you for your moral support and unquestionably good advice. Samoityoigi...your needed as well, why that is I have no good reason for.

Every drinker needs a bartender right? You make the best WB mixers....

I make 0 sense right now...I think:-?

Wise Old Owl
08-19-2009, 09:57
I think I just doubled up and fell off my chair!

sheepdog
08-19-2009, 09:58
No WOO I need you for your moral support and unquestionably good advice. Samoityoigi...your needed as well, why that is I have no good reason for.

Every drinker needs a bartender right? You make the best WB mixers....

I make 0 sense right now...I think:-?
Oh, but you don't need me. Is that what your saying.

Is it??

I'm out of here again.:mad:

Wise Old Owl
08-19-2009, 10:01
Oh, but you don't need me. Is that what your saying.

Is it??

I'm out of here again.:mad:

Wait Wait! Don't tell me you have feelings for Homer?:p There you go again! Leaving me in a grand pickle of a situation!

To the Moon SheepDog!:D

sheepdog
08-19-2009, 10:02
Ok, I'm better now. Thanks WOO!

saimyoji
08-19-2009, 10:03
well i'm touched. i never knew you guys cared so much. i've received several very touching PMs from a few of the mods begging me not to leave. i can't divulge who they were of course....

...the truth is i was out hiking and left WB up on the PC. my 14 yr old kid jumped in and posted that, along with some other stuff on other websites thats gonna take me a while to clean up. i gotta change my passwords and everything....that kid is gonna pay. maybe i'll make him hike the PCT with me....

...in any event, sorry for the drama, really i couldn't do anything about it. and to those of you who say i've been hateful, please address it with me privately and i'll be more than glad to make amends. :o

BTW....my pet snake is okay. ;)

Wise Old Owl
08-19-2009, 10:05
Ok, I'm better now. Thanks WOO!

Wow that was close ... Sheepdog. I cannot imagine this....
http://i330.photobucket.com/albums/l419/lorna23atskydotcom/TheDaytheBarkingStopped.jpg

sheepdog
08-19-2009, 10:06
well i'm touched. i never knew you guys cared so much. i've received several very touching PMs from a few of the mods begging me not to leave. i can't divulge who they were of course....

...the truth is i was out hiking and left WB up on the PC. my 14 yr old kid jumped in and posted that, along with some other stuff on other websites thats gonna take me a while to clean up. i gotta change my passwords and everything....that kid is gonna pay. maybe i'll make him hike the PCT with me....

...in any event, sorry for the drama, really i couldn't do anything about it. and to those of you who say i've been hateful, please address it with me privately and i'll be more than glad to make amends. :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVS3WNt7yRU

Wise Old Owl
08-19-2009, 10:08

See your back already! :banana

CowHead
08-19-2009, 10:08
Well I for one am glad he's gone. 1 down 4589 to go then will all think the same way and hike the same way and behave the same way, and never carry or poop out the same way......Don't you love change.....
****WARNING SATIRE***** for underage thinkers you got to add a disclosure...

Wise Old Owl
08-19-2009, 10:11
Cowhead you might want to edit that - you didn't read the last few posts well. Adjust the strength of those reading glasses your so fond of.

Ohhh Wait it's Satire, Nevermind.

sheepdog
08-19-2009, 10:12
Now that the drama is over, I think I will take blaze the wonder dog for a walk.

weary
08-19-2009, 10:13
Just a couple of brief thoughts.

WB in fact is more boring -- to me at least.

WB hasn't really banned politics. It's banned a forum that occasionally had some thoughtful and useful observations.

Politics remain. Though now they are confined to mostly right wing one-liners. Politics are allowed. Just not any responses to one-sided political comments.

However, I'm not leaving. Though these days I tend to show up less often and pursue most posts pretty cursorily

Weary

Wise Old Owl
08-19-2009, 10:14
Now that the drama is over, I think I will take blaze the wonder dog for a walk.

Please avoid large cats with nasty teeth,:rolleyes:

Wise Old Owl
08-19-2009, 10:20
How did you come by the name Saimyoji anyway?

Homer&Marje
08-19-2009, 10:24
Personally I dont understand the problem....I've always been able to post whatever I want.:D

Sometimes I get dizzy, what thread am I in?

Wise Old Owl
08-19-2009, 10:26
Too Funny Homer.

I Too post what I want, then it gets erased, I don't remember - No problem.

kanga
08-19-2009, 10:29
i say good riddance to bad rubbish if you ask me. go sleep in a damn train you big freak.

Midway Sam
08-19-2009, 10:36

Wow... didn't see this coming. This is the first time I've ever heard the "my kid/little brother/little sister did it" excuse. :rolleyes:

Wise Old Owl
08-19-2009, 10:39
Good thing the Dog didn't eat his laptop!

Homer&Marje
08-19-2009, 10:42
Who are you people!!! Stop yelling at me:-?:):cool::p:mad::D there...hit yhe right one finally

Dances with Mice
08-19-2009, 10:43
Ok after many pm's from my friends begging me not to go, I'll stay. Just watch it.They didn't really mean it. You should go.

Gray Blazer
08-19-2009, 10:43

Dammit!!!!

The Weasel
08-19-2009, 10:44
S*H*I*T flows downstream.

No, it should be packed out. Have you learned nothing here????

TW

Gray Blazer
08-19-2009, 10:47

Look out for big pussies!!

http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/files/6/2/1/7/093_thumb.jpg (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=35778&catid=member&imageuser=6217)

Wise Old Owl
08-19-2009, 10:51
Who are you people!!! Stop yelling at me:-?:):cool::p:mad::D there...hit yhe right one finally

Hey nobody is yelling - your hearing voices...... :rolleyes:

Its too early for that.

leeki pole
08-19-2009, 10:52
Brett Favre retired (again) and now he's back with the Vikings. You gotta love a Mississippi gamer, just sayin. Samyoji will be back. He's a gamer.

Chaco Taco
08-19-2009, 10:53
Brett Favre retired (again) and now he's back with the Vikings. You gotta love a Mississippi gamer, just sayin. Samyoji will be back. He's a gamer.

Nice:D:D But Favre is someone we wish would stay gone

Lone Wolf
08-19-2009, 10:54
too. goodbye all

Chaco Taco
08-19-2009, 10:55
too. goodbye all

Finally!!!!!!:D

Lone Wolf
08-19-2009, 10:56
too. goodbye all

i'm outa here too is what i meant to say. off to hobo land

Chaco Taco
08-19-2009, 10:58

You aint going anywhere

TD55
08-19-2009, 11:00
You can't rollerskate in a buffulo heard...

sherrill
08-19-2009, 11:12

So..this should be moved to Hiking Humor?

rcli4
08-19-2009, 11:15
How did you come by the name Saimyoji anyway?

It has something to do with Jack and pork chops. I can't recall the whole story but that is the gist of it.

Clyde

Wise Old Owl
08-19-2009, 11:17

Ohh no not again..... Hang in there buddy!

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg275/MarkSwarbrick/protest.jpg

Cannibal
08-19-2009, 11:18
Look out for big pussies!!

http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/files/6/2/1/7/093_thumb.jpg (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=35778&catid=member&imageuser=6217)

Careful, she'll make it dance and sing for you if you stay too long. :eek::D

sheepdog
08-19-2009, 11:28
They didn't really mean it. You should go.
That really stings.;)

kanga
08-19-2009, 11:31
2 pusses down, 40 to go.

sheepdog
08-19-2009, 11:35
2 pusses down, 40 to go.
You got a list???

Wise Old Owl
08-19-2009, 11:41
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg275/MarkSwarbrick/19046910002608f4e6ee657f1968c084-1.gifKanga has a list!:banana

tscoffey
08-19-2009, 11:46
This country was founded on free speech and it's sickening to see that right being trampled here every day.

You assume that the first amendment right to free speech applies here. This is an incorrect assumption. This is a privately run - not government run - site (note the difference: private vs government).

It is the government that cannot impede your right to free speech. The owner of this site, and by extension his/her agents (moderators) are quite free to do so with no government sanction.

You do have the right to fully disagree with the owners of this site, and you have expressed your disagreement and are now leaving.

sheepdog
08-19-2009, 11:46
......................................self moderating

Yahtzee
08-19-2009, 12:23
You assume that the first amendment right to free speech applies here. This is an incorrect assumption. This is a privately run - not government run - site (note the difference: private vs government).

It is the government that cannot impede your right to free speech. The owner of this site, and by extension his/her agents (moderators) are quite free to do so with no government sanction.

You do have the right to fully disagree with the owners of this site, and you have expressed your disagreement and are now leaving.

It constantly amazes me how people cite the 1st Amendment in regards to private businesses/entities. The Constitution is not hard to read, it is short and written in English. Why some still have trouble understanding its basic meaning is scary to me.

sheepdog
08-19-2009, 12:25
It constantly amazes me how people cite the 1st Amendment in regards to private businesses/entities. The Constitution is not hard to read, it is short and written in English. Why some still have trouble understanding its basic meaning is scary to me.
I wish the supreme court thought that way also.

clodhopper
08-19-2009, 12:38
They didn't really mean it. You should go.

I am still laughing. Wish I was DWM-clever. :D

JAK
08-19-2009, 12:42
Ironically, most social justice laws were enacted for corporations, not for people.
Social justice was just an unintended side effect, or at least so I've heard.
Still a good thing though, I think.

These are very interesting times. If we can survive the opportunities we will find the challenges. ;)

saimyoji
08-19-2009, 12:50
Ironically, most social justice laws were enacted for corporations, not for people.
Social justice was just an unintended side effect, or at least so I've heard.
Still a good thing though, I think.

These are very interesting times. If we can survive the opportunities we will find the challenges. ;)

holy crap...where the hell have you been? can't be the wind chill......get all your blown seals fixed? :D

The Weasel
08-19-2009, 12:53

WhiteBlaze, like much of the rest of the Internet, is owned by the Government. If you didn't know that, I'm sorry. That's one of the reasons every one is bailing out of here. That, and the voices, of course.

The Constitution is not written in English. It is written in a language only erudite, wise and expensive lawyers (me! me!) can read. If it were simple, short, and understandable to the public, I'd have to get honest employment somewhere. Sorry.

So who wants to hire me to sue the NSA for violating our free speech here? I'm open to the highest bidder. Yes, in a word (actually, 3 of them, but I'm paid that way), I'm for sale.

TW

The Old Fhart
08-19-2009, 12:55
saimyoji-"holy crap...where the hell have you been? can't be the wind chill......get all your blown seals fixed?:D" Maybe he's been eating powdered donuts.:D

jesse
08-19-2009, 13:00
don't let the door hit you in the ass... thats all I have to say about this.

wakapak
08-19-2009, 13:04
blah blah blah is all i have to say about this :rolleyes: :p

saimyoji
08-19-2009, 13:08
well my PM box is overflowing with messages from you guys....i couldn't feel more loved. thanks for all the well wishes, but i must reiterate that i never intended to leave....

...you see it was my son who thought it would be funny to mess with my internet forums by posting as me....he's done this on other sites too...he's only 14 and doesn't always think things through....

...so thanks again to all those who took the time to make me feel so welcome. :sun

Alligator
08-19-2009, 13:13
Now that that is all worked out thread closed.