PDA

View Full Version : Water from Delaware Water Gap to High Point, NJ

Bidwell
08-19-2009, 17:52
Hey folks,

Curious if anyone has been form High Pt to DWG in New Jersey recently, and if so, if finding water is an issue by any chance. Headed east tomorrow to do a 3 day trek in these necks of the woods. Thanks for the help in advance!

- Greg

Foyt20
08-20-2009, 10:56
This is not first hand experience as I have not been in those areas for a while, but we have been getting plenty of rain lately so nothing should be dried up. Hopefully, someone will have been in that area lately to elaborate.

Its a great hike enjoy :D

Terraducky
08-20-2009, 11:28
Hey folks,

Curious if anyone has been form High Pt to DWG in New Jersey recently, and if so, if finding water is an issue by any chance. Headed east tomorrow to do a 3 day trek in these necks of the woods. Thanks for the help in advance!

- Greg

There is a handpump right off the trail at Blue Mt Lakes Road. I have never been let down by it yet! This is north of Blairstown Road...appo=rox 11 miles south of Brink Rd Shelter.

Bidwell
08-20-2009, 12:41
Thanks so much... the info is much appreciated! Bags are packed for my 5pm flight to Newark :)

Terraducky
08-20-2009, 13:45
I was just thinking...when you cross the highway at Culvers Gap, there is a small convenience store to the south (right) of the trail on the southbound side. Plan to leave your pack outside (the guy had a sign posting this "Leave Packs Outside!")...handy for stocking up on food/water.

I dont know if the spring at Rutherford Shelter is running- it should be with all this rain we've had this summer! I do know there is no spring at the very buggy Mashipcong Shelter (say THAT 3 times!)...bring rain gear...it's going to be wet today thru Sat AM!

Have a blast!

Bidwell
08-20-2009, 15:11
Beautiful... thanks Terraducky. Made notes on my map to reflect your knowledge!