PDA

View Full Version : how long a wait for a ula pack?

Pages
08-20-2009, 12:16
if ula does not start service again until december 2009, and i order in january 2010, how long will i have to wait to get a pack made and delivered? more than a month?

thanks

TV

Lyle
08-20-2009, 12:22
I have a couple ULA packs and LOVE them. Can't answer your specific question, but it will be worth the wait.

Have you called and asked? Will ordering now (if they are accepting orders) get you at the front of the list?

Could also contact some of the retailers who carry ULA, they might have some in stock. Mountain Crossings, Mount Rogers Outfitters perhaps? Not sure who carries them.

Best of luck. You will be pleased once you get your pack.

By the way, your "date of thru hike" of 2020 makes me feel good. I'm thinking of making mine in 2013 or 2014!

Cannibal
08-20-2009, 12:31
I own three and have never had to wait more than a week.

Pacific Tortuga
08-20-2009, 12:45
When you get your new ULA pack from UPS the first thing you notice is, did they place my pack in the box ? I could not believe my Catalyst was in there.
It was, and I've been a fan of Brian's company since.

Well worth the wait, no matter how short or long.

Doctari
08-20-2009, 14:19
According to the website:
"1) Orders may be placed, but WILL NOT be billed, processed, or shipped until our return December 1, 2009. We will contact you to confirm, process, and ship your order at that time."

So, can you place the order now & "get on the list"? or do you really need to wait till Jan?

skinewmexico
08-20-2009, 14:26
I'd bet you have it within a week. I have a feeling that some pack construction continues even though they're shut down until December.

Del Q
08-20-2009, 19:51
They will need the money when they get back from their hike, will be fast. Love mine. Pretty cool really, "ie we will be gone from August whenever to December, gone hiking......."