PDA

View Full Version : Posts Deleted

Don H
08-20-2009, 13:17
Question;
If I submit a post and it is deleted by the moderators will they notify me or does the post just get set off into cyberspace?

Pacific Tortuga
08-20-2009, 13:26
Trust me, they'll let you know why your thoughts will be napalmed.
They are actully very nice on why it got the boot.

Don H
08-20-2009, 13:39
Well, I replied yesterday in the Selling Used Gear forum to a comment that I thought was inappropriate by another poster. Although there was no foul language or personal attacks made by either party the entire exchange has been removed. How would I be notified?

Pacific Tortuga
08-20-2009, 13:42
Well, I replied yesterday in the Selling Used Gear forum to a comment that I thought was inappropriate by another poster. Although there was no foul language or personal attacks made by either party the entire exchange has been removed. How would I be notified?

They should PM you.

Alligator
08-20-2009, 13:43
Sometimes yes sometimes no. If you ask we'll certainly tell you, when you do, please do so through PM.

sheepdog
08-20-2009, 15:12
Sometimes yes sometimes no. If you ask we'll certainly tell you, when you do, please do so through PM.
udderwize u culd be supended :D

CaseyB
08-20-2009, 15:46
You might have been collateral damage. Argument deleted,..... all evidence of said argument deleted....... Sunny rainbows & puppies substituted. Nobody gets in fights on Whiteblaze, didn't you know that?;)

saimyoji
08-20-2009, 16:46
Question;
If I submit a post and it is deleted by the moderators will they notify me or does the post just get set off into cyberspace?

it is my understanding that posts don't "get set off into cyberspace. those marked for deletion do not appear to us schmos, but are still recorded in the database. admin can see them and even resurrect them. it would take a manual edit to the database to permanently erase your post. in fact, even if you begged, the admin. would probably not delete your account from existence. you'd merely relinquish use of it, but we'd all still be able to see your posts and pics. after all, as soon as you hit the Submit Post button, you give up ownership of your words and pictures. :)

The Weasel
08-20-2009, 17:14
In other words, only those who don't think a post should be read can read it. :-?

TW

Maddog
08-20-2009, 17:15
it is my understanding that posts don't "get set off into cyberspace. those marked for deletion do not appear to us schmos, but are still recorded in the database. admin can see them and even resurrect them. it would take a manual edit to the database to permanently erase your post. in fact, even if you begged, the admin. would probably not delete your account from existence. you'd merely relinquish use of it, but we'd all still be able to see your posts and pics. after all, as soon as you hit the Submit Post button, you give up ownership of your words and pictures. :):confused:i thought you gave your final farewell the other day? just causing drama i guess!:confused:

saimyoji
08-20-2009, 19:54
:confused:i thought you gave your final farewell the other day? just causing drama i guess!:confused:

you need to work on your reading comp. :)

LockJaww
08-20-2009, 19:57
My last two posts have been deleted....but really they were written by my 14 year old son posing as my next door neighbor asking hard to answer questions....LOL.....This isnt my sandbox...Im a guest....Delete as needed as long as youre fair.....

Wise Old Owl
08-20-2009, 20:14
I hate to say it "Saimyogi's" thread - I'm leaving" was a very fun thread! should have been in the humor forum.

Alligator
08-20-2009, 20:17
I'll finish off the answer to the original poster. Posts are usually soft deleted and therefore still exist but the members can't see them. Some posts and threads do get deleted: old gear for sale, empty RSS feeds (no additional posts), old hooking up posts, old ride board.

Since the question has been answered thead closed. Before you pitch a fit and all, it's also because you folks are going back to posting about closed threads.