PDA

View Full Version : how far is Bear Mountain Inn from the trail?

MedicineMan
08-21-2009, 22:45
Bear Mountain Inn will be 108 miles from my starting point and would be a nice reward if i get that far....but how far off the trail is it? and has anybody zeroed there?

Feral Bill
08-21-2009, 23:10
It's only a few yards from the trail, but their site says it's closed for renovation. Used to be a nice funky old place. They have another lodge nearby. Google them.

Kerosene
08-22-2009, 07:36
There is also a small, quaint, inexpensive inn, the Bear Mountain Bridge Motel (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=57), plus a Holiday Inn Express, about 3 miles north of the bridge where I based myself during a series of day-hikes. Should be pretty easy to hitch a ride on busy Route 9-W, and the price per night was over $100 less than the Bear Mountain Inn.

eric j
08-22-2009, 08:28
:welcomeThe Overlook lodge is on the property and reasonably priced $89, there is also a brunch buffet if you're there on sunday, West Mt. shelter is also close by with some great views of the river and NYC

Fussymary
08-24-2009, 09:48
If you do consider the Holiday Inn Express, call them directly first. I was planning on staying there for a few days to do sections but a water main broke and the entire hotel was closed indefinetly. That was about two weeks ago.