PDA

View Full Version : CT to Mass Labor Day Weekend

billymets71
08-23-2009, 20:24
Leaving Friday, September 4th, and going north into Mass as far as four days at an easy pace will take me. I may have my dog with me. Anyone in the area?

sasquatch2014
08-23-2009, 21:40
I am kicking around an overnight with my son and pooch going from Ct Rt 4 Cornwall Bridge up to Falls Village the second day. Want to try and make it an easy and enjoyable experience for my son. The Pooch, Hank and I had just done a 100 mile section at the start of Aug up in Vt and it pretty much played out the pooch so need to make it a good one for him too so keeping it pretty low key.

The way I see it we will go 6 miles day one, which will have the most climbing of the 15 miles total, spending the night at Pine Swamp Lean-To. We will then head over to the the Falls near Falls Village to end the hike. This is also helping to whittle down the 40 miles or so that I have left between Ct and Mass. If it works out for us to catch up with you during that time it will be great to meet a fellow hiker from the area.

My bigger section hike will most likely be nearer to the end of Oct start of Nov if you are game always up for having others join in to the mix. I am still unsure if it will be down in VA or up in VT. will depend on how long I can get away for. The Vt would be from Rt 11/30 down to Bennington or So and the Va would be from Wayenesboro south for however long I can escape.

By the way Welcome to WB. If I can be of any help give me a shout I maintain a section over here in NY by the Train Stop.

Tinker
08-24-2009, 00:54
I am kicking around an overnight with my son and pooch going from Ct Rt 4 Cornwall Bridge up to Falls Village the second day. Want to try and make it an easy and enjoyable experience for my son. The Pooch, Hank and I had just done a 100 mile section at the start of Aug up in Vt and it pretty much played out the pooch so need to make it a good one for him too so keeping it pretty low key.

The way I see it we will go 6 miles day one, which will have the most climbing of the 15 miles total, spending the night at Pine Swamp Lean-To. We will then head over to the the Falls near Falls Village to end the hike. This is also helping to whittle down the 40 miles or so that I have left between Ct and Mass. If it works out for us to catch up with you during that time it will be great to meet a fellow hiker from the area.

My bigger section hike will most likely be nearer to the end of Oct start of Nov if you are game always up for having others join in to the mix. I am still unsure if it will be down in VA or up in VT. will depend on how long I can get away for. The Vt would be from Rt 11/30 down to Bennington or So and the Va would be from Wayenesboro south for however long I can escape.

By the way Welcome to WB. If I can be of any help give me a shout I maintain a section over here in NY by the Train Stop.

I just thought I'd let you know that my Long Trail hike is on- starting Sept. 14th. I'm figuring on getting to Vt. 11 around Sept 30/Oct. 1 (but who knows, really?).

sasquatch2014
08-24-2009, 18:22
I just thought I'd let you know that my Long Trail hike is on- starting Sept. 14th. I'm figuring on getting to Vt. 11 around Sept 30/Oct. 1 (but who knows, really?).

As you progress let me know a closer anticipated arrival date. I would love to finish out VT this fall. I am still not sure but as that would only be a two night at most trip if I bank up enough Spousal Karma I may be able to do that and a trip down to VA if I go late Oct Nov. I am even thinking that I may be able to get a chance to knock off the rest of NJ if we do Thanksgiving at my in-laws down near Philly. I would hop on the trail a few days ahead of time and have the family grab me on their way down.

I have great plans but a the drop of a ha they can all go in the Privy.:(

billymets71
08-24-2009, 21:44

I am In New Milford (Bull's Bridge) Friday AM, staying in Stewart Hollow that night. Hopefully making Pine Swamp sometime mid day Sat. What day are you starting?

Thank you for the greetings and hope to meet you at some point.