PDA

View Full Version : What are the closest airports to DWG?

freefall
08-26-2009, 08:22
For some reason, I can not find airports that would service Delaware Water Gap.

Any suggestions closer than Newark or NYC?

STEVEM
08-26-2009, 10:11
Allentown PA is probably the nearest "real airport", But you'll find better service and prices into Newark NJ.

Namaste
08-26-2009, 10:11
There's a small airport in PA-airport code ABE (Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton area). The drive would be about 1-1/2 hrs. About the same distance from Newark. More direct flights from Newark than ABE.

freefall
08-26-2009, 10:17
I should clarify, I don't drive so it would be a shuttle or taxi. So extra airfare to a nearby airport would offset car service to DWG. Or maybe fly in then take a bus from Newark to DWG?

Nasty Dog Virus
08-26-2009, 10:30
Harrisburg Int'l and Scranton Wilkes-Barre Int'l airports are both about 2 hours from DWG

Just a Hiker
08-26-2009, 10:43
You can fly into New York City and then take the Martz Trailways bus right to Delaware Water Gap.

Old Grouse
08-26-2009, 11:18
You can fly into New York City and then take the Martz Trailways bus right to Delaware Water Gap.

Agreed. Fly into Laguardia or Newark and hop a cab or bus to the Port Authority terminal in Manhattan. Martz bus from there. The AT is about a 1 mile walk from the bus terminal.

skinewmexico
08-26-2009, 11:35
My rule for flying is if Southwest Airlines doesn't go there (or close), neither do I. Nothing wrong with cheap, and on time. And they fly to LaGuardia.

ERNMAN
09-15-2009, 19:29
Allentown/betthlehem airport is about an hr. from the Gap. I live in Pocono summit which is about 20 miles from the gap. Avoca[scranton] airport is about 30 mins from me. Newark would be about an hr. from the Gap also. Chances are you can get a direct flight into Newark and a slight lesser one into abe.....avoca will def.. have you switch somewhere.If I can help, I could get you in avoca and bring you to Del. Water Gap. Feel free to ask. E

Toolshed
09-15-2009, 19:45
I frequently fly out of ABE (AKA Lehigh Valley Intertnational, FKA Allentown/Bethelhem/Easton) and it is the least congested airport in the area as well as the closest to DWG. I know there are a few shuttlers in the area - Did you check the ALDHA website - they have a longer list than WB does.

ShelterLeopard
09-16-2009, 13:35
Lehigh Valley International airport is really good and small and nice- it's close then NY, but I don't know whether it's closer than Allentown.

www.lvia.org (lehigh site)

ShelterLeopard
09-16-2009, 13:36
Sorry- didn't realize that Lehigh was posted above me.