PDA

View Full Version : Rockfish Gap campsite suggestions?

DaleTr
08-26-2009, 12:12
Driving west on I64 in route to WV from Va Beach after work, stopping in Rockfish Gap area for the night with 3 friends. Need a camping site for 4 each 1 man tents. The 340 Campground wasn't condusive to late night arrival last time I stopped late night in the area. Anyone know if I can access a small campsite area if I park on the BRP in the Humpback area ? Any/all suggestions greatly appreciated.

DaleTr
08-26-2009, 13:03
Maybe/probably disregard the thread. The Companion indicates the YMCA offers a grassy area near the South River for camping and for an added bonus offers free showers donations accepted. Me likey.

Doctari
08-26-2009, 17:49
Maybe/probably disregard the thread. The Companion indicates the YMCA offers a grassy area near the South River for camping and for an added bonus offers free showers donations accepted. Me likey.

And a very nice site it is. UM, take ear plugs, when I was there a few years ago, a nearby factory was making a bit of noise, just a barely audible: "tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap" it was quiet otherwise. Be sure to register at the Y first.