PDA

View Full Version : ok,so this might not happen for a long time... but...

Gray
07-23-2004, 21:18
i found out about the appalachian trail recently.. and it sounds like so much fun... the only problem is that i'm only 13. if i were to go ever, i'd probably go from georgia to maine, early april to (i want to take my time) somewhere in october... so i would only miss the very end of one school year and the very beginning of the next, and i might be able to work something out with my school.. i want to take my best friend along, i know she'd love it, but her parents wouldn't even let her spend the night on my boat when it was docked at the marina for fear that it would sink or someone would come and slay us in our sleep.. so that's an obstacle.. and i don't think both of our parents would let us go alone... so.. my oldest sister might go.. shes 20... ahh! but this whole thing is getting very confusing and it looks like it might take until i'm 20 to happen. sooo........:confused: any thoughts??

Pencil Pusher
07-23-2004, 22:04
---------------------

Gray
07-23-2004, 22:12
thanks,

yeah, i know we'd have to bring someone older along, and my sister is probably the only one we could bring... my mom would want to go but she can't take off for half a year... hey, another person is another back to habg supplies on.. then again, the more people, the more supplies... but anyway... i know that it will probably take a long time to get this all settled... but the sooner i start trying, the sooner it'll happen.

probably.

:D

Pecan
07-23-2004, 22:12
Try a section hike this summer. A section hike is doing a small portion of the trail (you probably already know this), like 50 or 100 miles in a week or so. Most likely, your parents would view this as a summer camping trip, an idea they are familiar with, and if you went with your older sister they'd probably be OK with it. Then do more sections, and in a couple years you'll be old enough where they'd probably not mind you going with your sister for the entire summer. Good luck.

Gray
07-23-2004, 22:14
i considered this, but my friend is in maine until the time that i go away for vacation.. and by the time that's over i'll be busy all the time with summer homework:datz

Lilred
07-23-2004, 23:58
You're only 13. Perhaps you should put this idea on a back burner and concentrate on getting your education first. Graduate early, and do the hike before college.

Gray
07-24-2004, 00:36
medicineman: thanks, i think. i don't think i'm that good of a writer or anything.. but its hard to judge yourself.. and, she, by the way :)

lilredmg: yeah, thats what my dad said... except he said to go after college. that ruins most of the fun, then, though, 'cause by then i'll be more.. on my own.

also.. i have a parrot, and my dad brought up that issue... i'm sure they wouldnt mind caring for him, my mom likes him a lot (he likes my mom more than me anyway) but, he was just bringing up the point that he's my responsibility...

Gray
07-24-2004, 01:56
maybe i'm just not feeling too happy today. right now though the best thing i could think of would be spending half a year just.. walking.. and enjoying the view, spending time with my friend away from school and other people.. houses and cities and such... *shrug*

2XL
07-24-2004, 09:16
and this was not written by a 13 year old, if it was a 13 year old then he is writing on a 30 year old level. not that that is bad mind you but you have to wonder if we either have a young Alber E. or someone trolling in a most interesting fashion.

:-?
I'm with Medicine Man on this one.

Pencil Pusher
07-24-2004, 12:59
----------------

Gray
07-24-2004, 13:34
----------------
how INTERESTING!

;)

steve hiker
07-24-2004, 13:52
Gray I see you live in Jersey and got a sister 20 y.o. does she hang out in bars near the trail? I think I met her last summer.

Gray
07-24-2004, 14:00
Jumble: it's possible... but there are probably a lot of 20 year old girls from new jersey there

Gray
07-24-2004, 16:37
no, she says she didnt hang out around there, unless new rochelle, ny is near the trail.