PDA

View Full Version : Raven Cliff Falls/Camping

ssforcey
08-26-2009, 13:20
We're planning a trip up to Helen/Raven Cliff Falls area. Wondering what the camping is like on the trail. Are there plenty? Is it a campground or tent sites? Should we expect to see a million other people camping? Thanks a bunch.

Sharon

Two Speed
08-26-2009, 13:31
Lots of camping, most of it heavily impacted. Usually busy on weekends. Still, the falls are pretty and there's quite a few decent swimming holes along the way and at the base of the falls.

ssforcey
08-26-2009, 13:32
Thanks for the speedy reply. Do you think we might be able to find a less populated area for camping?

Dances with Mice
08-26-2009, 13:34
Immediately before the 4th foot bridge there is a trail on the right (going in) that leads to a campsite with a little seclusion. About a quarter mile from the falls is a large clearing on the left (still going in) with lots of room. I've been there when there were tons of other campers and also when I was the only overnighter, there's really no way to tell.

Two Speed
08-26-2009, 13:34
. . . . . . . . . .

Summit
08-28-2009, 22:33
It's been 20 years or so since I hiked the Raven Cliffs trail. I can only imagine the impact of high use on the area. When I first visited the area around 1972, it was primitive and pristine. The Raven Cliffs trail was not even marked. You just found it and hiked it by word of mouth. Back then, the only campsites were near the start of the trail and close to Raven Cliffs.

dreamsoftrails
08-29-2009, 16:15
the trail and the area are beautiful. many campsites, mostly along the trail and next to the stream. they are just generic campsites, tents and hammocks can be used along with anything else you carry back there. i always have fun when i am there, but i have only been there last winter and once this summer during the week, and did not see a lot of people.