PDA

View Full Version : Aarn FeatherLite Freedom

Camping Dave
08-27-2009, 21:25
http://www.aarnpacks.com/products/featherlite_freedom.html

Aarn had a Featherlite Freedom for sale in his bargain basement. It was a tester and last year's model, but also half price, so I went ahead and bought it. So far I've only used it on one very short backpacking trip but I can truly say, "Wow! This thing really worked as advertised."

The hip belt adjustment is amazing and amazingly simple. The hip pads velcro to a pad near the bottom of the pack and you can adjust not only their length but also the angle they rest on your hips. If you're thin you can angle the tops in so they rest on top of your pelvis. And if you're not so thin you can adjust them for a different fit.

The counter balance system really and truly makes the pack more comfortable. There is no weight at all on your shoulders. I mean none. Zero. The straps don't touch the tops of your shoulders at all. You can stand up straight too without the help of poles. No need to lean forward to get your center of gravity right.

Anyway, I'm very happy with it so far. More testing and a longer trip coming up next month.

DanaMac
11-30-2009, 17:24
Camping Dave, I'm glad you like the pack.

The Aarn Bodypacks are now available in the US. We are currently carrying three models - Featherlite Freedom, Effortless Rhythm, and the Peak Aspiration. Most of the remaining line will be available in the Spring of 2010.

Over at the hammockforums.net site we have offered 10% off through 12/06/09, and free shipping is available through the end of the year. We are extending that to the WhiteBlaze forum members as well. But please email or PM me before ordering.

I'll try to answer any questions on the Aarn packs.

jasonklass
11-30-2009, 19:57
http://www.aarnpacks.com/products/featherlite_freedom.html

Aarn had a Featherlite Freedom for sale in his bargain basement. It was a tester and last year's model, but also half price, so I went ahead and bought it. So far I've only used it on one very short backpacking trip but I can truly say, "Wow! This thing really worked as advertised."

The hip belt adjustment is amazing and amazingly simple. The hip pads velcro to a pad near the bottom of the pack and you can adjust not only their length but also the angle they rest on your hips. If you're thin you can angle the tops in so they rest on top of your pelvis. And if you're not so thin you can adjust them for a different fit.

The counter balance system really and truly makes the pack more comfortable. There is no weight at all on your shoulders. I mean none. Zero. The straps don't touch the tops of your shoulders at all. You can stand up straight too without the help of poles. No need to lean forward to get your center of gravity right.

Anyway, I'm very happy with it so far. More testing and a longer trip coming up next month.

Dave, I want one of these as well. Did you find adjusting the pack for the best fit to be intuitive or was there a learning curve?