PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Active Technologies

Pencil Pusher
07-25-2004, 05:20
Wow, I was impressed by this website and the prices looked reasonable. You folks that go ultra-light should check out this website. While it may be pricey in the long run, their solutions to going light on a hike are revolutionary.
http://www.ediblegear.com/index.html
It's amazing what technology can do nowadays!

slatchley
07-25-2004, 07:40
Thats a good one LOL

aaronthebugbuffet
07-25-2004, 12:20
They make great stuff, but I ate my entire sleeping bag by the second day. I almost froze to death in the Blood Mtn shelter.

magic_game03
07-25-2004, 13:05
And I wonder how desperate one would be to eat the "smelly foot" side of this obvious gourmet "snack bag." :banana

slatchley
07-25-2004, 13:20
And if we wear our edible underwear we could eat that too-Yuck!

Connie
07-25-2004, 15:14
..that's a joke-website, right?

you made it up! that's not real. no way!

Pencil Pusher
07-25-2004, 21:29
No, seriously. They have a FAQ section and you can order from them. Check out the prices, they're not too bad considering the amount of effort.

Lucinda
07-26-2004, 07:33
No, it's a joke. There's no address to send in an order,etc.

It's kinda like this deyhdrated water stuff : http://store.proline.com/dewa.html

Pencil Pusher
07-26-2004, 16:36
Yeah, but the dehydrated water website mentions it's a joke. The Eastern website is real. You can only order online. It's pretty simple, I don't know how you missed it. So these products are a bit wacky, but very innovative. Check out some of the user comments. They also have a suggestions page as well as a press release page.

grrickar
07-26-2004, 17:30
I'm stitching together a +40 degree bag out of fruit roll ups and marshmallows for insulation as I speak. Saves weight on food :bse Twizzlers make excellent shoelaces/snacks (for the former just don't get them wet)

Baldy
07-27-2004, 13:23
It's a joke. That stuff would fall apart in the first rain, if not before. Just because the site doesn't say it's a joke doesn't mean it's not a joke. It's a good site for a laugh, though.

verber
07-27-2004, 16:52
No, seriously. They have a FAQ section and you can order from them. Check out the prices, they're not too bad considering the amount of effort.
You are joking right? This is a gag website. The first release was April 1. If you go to the ordering page and click "submit" you get the following message on a pop-up. This message has been the same for at least a year:

Sorry. Due to unusually heavy server activity we are temporarily unable to process your order.

Options. You can either:

Save your order form and try again later;

Print your order form, tape it the back of a mental patient and hope that he/she wanders near our offices; or

Go away angry and frustrated.
This is a joke website.

Pencil Pusher
07-28-2004, 03:16
Geez, I bet you folks were no fun to play with as kids:( Yeah, duh. No kidding it's a joke website. That's the hilarious part of it:) They did a really good job of it, especially the FAQ on why animals know it's not food but you're too stupid to realize, plus you're smart enough to know that eating your compressed-soy sleeping pad will save you two ounces and make your pack feel so much lighter.

Just a huge spoof on the ultra-light crowd:clap

c.coyle
07-28-2004, 13:53
How about this? Comes with a safety pin to pop 'em in the morning. Hmmmm :-?

http://www.balloonbed.co.uk/

rgarling
07-28-2004, 15:13
balloonbed is for real