PDA

View Full Version : This is really p***ing me off!

el.com
08-29-2009, 17:08
God dammit! I saw this documentary about the A.T. in late april on a german TV channel. And since then this crap is chasing me every day. Now I watched it again online... And guess what? The urge to come over to the USA and hike this god damn thing is bigger than anytime before!

Why do I have to be imprisoned in this life? Every morning I wake up, go to work and fall asleep in the evening. Every day the same thing. I want to be on the trail NOW! Damn! NOW NOW NOW!!!! I'm so tired of waiting till next spring!

AAAHHH!

Sorry about this, but this HAD to be said :)

greetings from germany,
Ben

Midway Sam
08-29-2009, 17:12
Easy there.... skip the thorazine today?

warraghiyagey
08-29-2009, 17:12
Have a great hike. . . :sun:sun

el.com
08-29-2009, 17:23
Easy there.... skip the thorazine today?

Haha :D
No, just not enough beer :( :p

hikingshoes
08-29-2009, 17:34
I dont think GD needs to be used my friend.its not going to help you get on the AT.Take Care,Charles

God dammit! I saw this documentary about the A.T. in late april on a german TV channel. And since then this crap is chasing me every day. Now I watched it again online... And guess what? The urge to come over to the USA and hike this god damn thing is bigger than anytime before!

Why do I have to be imprisoned in this life? Every morning I wake up, go to work and fall asleep in the evening. Every day the same thing. I want to be on the trail NOW! Damn! NOW NOW NOW!!!! I'm so tired of waiting till next spring!

AAAHHH!

greetings from germany,
Ben

emerald
08-29-2009, 17:37
No, just not enough beer :( :p

Before you have any more, you may want to consider unplugging your computer.:rolleyes: It appears we can expect to see you on the A.T. next year provided you can wait that long.

el.com
08-29-2009, 17:39
Just to make sure this thread won't be misunderstood:
It was not my intention to insult someone ;)
This thread was just in good fun to demonstrate my urge to hike the A.T. :D

hikingshoes
08-29-2009, 17:45
Thanks dude just not big on using the GD word,but have a great hike...Charles

Just to make sure this thread won't be misunderstood:
It was not my intention to insult someone ;)
This thread was just in good fun to demonstrate my urge to hike the A.T. :D

superman
08-29-2009, 17:53

AAAHHH!

greetings from germany,
Ben

Hope to see you on the trail next year,God dammit!:)

hikingshoes
08-29-2009, 18:01
Real nice there superman backing a 20yr old on using the GD..Charles

dloome
08-29-2009, 18:09
Just idle curiosity- What about the AT grabs you?

What did you see in the documentary that made you wish to hike it so badly?

Best of luck with your hike.

Summit
08-29-2009, 18:10
Hope to see you on the trail next year,God dammit!:)Let's see, using God's name in vain is cool for non-believers.
Makes 'em feel self-justified.
Makes 'em feel smarter than believers

You really sadden God who created you in His image.
I'm sure this thread/post will be shut down/deleted.
Disgracing God is generally permitted in the public place.
Defending Him is not! :(

To the OP, I hope you get over to America and get to hike the entire AT. I did a lot of hiking in the German Alps and spent 6 1/2 years living in Germany in the US Air Force. If you can't get to America, there's plenty of beauty in Germany, Switzerland, Austria to explore. Blessings!

Midway Sam
08-29-2009, 18:15
Just out of curiosity, why did you mask the slang (p***ing) but feel comfortable with typing out the obscenities?

Excited or not, show some dignity and respect for others.

Nomaderwhat
08-29-2009, 18:25
Freedom of speech people. I don't like the GD either, but come on.. we don't need to bust the stones so badly. Hey el.com, I'm with ya buddy, I think about the trail every day. I hope your intensity doesn't fade my friend, I'll see you on the trail!

Midway Sam
08-29-2009, 18:30
Freedom of speech people. I don't like the GD either, but come on.. we don't need to bust the stones so badly. Hey el.com, I'm with ya buddy, I think about the trail every day. I hope your intensity doesn't fade my friend, I'll see you on the trail!

Yes but as with any of the "freedoms" we enjoy comes the responsibility to use that freedom wisely.

TD55
08-29-2009, 18:43
Yes but as with any of the "freedoms" we enjoy comes the responsibility to use that freedom wisely.

I agree, gosh darnit.

Pedaling Fool
08-29-2009, 18:45
el.com, I know you did this just to get the "crazy americans" riled up about their precious freedom of speech and seperation of religion crap:D

BTW, don't worry about pissing anyone off if the ****ing program doesn't automatically bleep out the word it's fine to use...right? Actually that's a rhetorical question -- no one answer.

P.S. What was the name of the documentary you watched? (that's not rhetorical:D)

Summit
08-29-2009, 19:03
el.com, I know you did this just to get the "crazy americans" riled up about their precious freedom of speech and seperation of religion crap:DFrom this I deduce:

Believers are "crazy americans"
Believers' religion is "crap"
Non-believers are not "crazy americans"

Actually it's not believers who are for "separation" but non-believers. Example: we've tried repeatedly to get religion to not be a taboo subject here on WB but it keeps getting sensored. The result is people are free to insult God/Jesus but believers are not permitted to defend Him.
Hmmm . . . that's a real level playing field isn't it? :rolleyes:

slickgoku
08-29-2009, 19:07
Well he's not the far off, I'm stuck in the same freaking boat, waiting until I can get the money and gear so I can hike the AT, I would do it next year but thats doubtful, hoping for 2011, but man I just want to get on the trail too!

Pedaling Fool
08-29-2009, 19:09
Give it a break:rolleyes: And you're wrong, I was speaking of everyone that gets riled up regardless of affiliation, i.e. religions, anti-religious, conservative, liberal....

Blissful
08-29-2009, 19:13
I liked what I heard someone said one time - if someone is gonna damn God then I'm gonna shout from the housetops -
Well...Praise GOD! Bless His holy name!

(glad for freedom of speech) :)

Anyway Ben, I sure hope you can come here to the US and hike the AT and see what God has made. It's pretty awesome.

Blissful
08-29-2009, 19:14
Well he's not the far off, I'm stuck in the same freaking boat, waiting until I can get the money and gear so I can hike the AT, I would do it next year but thats doubtful, hoping for 2011, but man I just want to get on the trail too!

I wanted to do it for 30 years.

And then my time came.

So will yours. :)

gollwoods
08-29-2009, 19:23
everyone is not censored by mythical diety discipels yet, are they?

Summit
08-29-2009, 19:35
everyone is not censored by mythical diety discipels yet, are they?Sorry, your post eludes me? Define "mythical diety discipel." I don't mean to hijack this post, just responding to your post asking for clarification! If it's Christians whom you define as mythical diety disciples, feel free to take that up with me via PM as I'm sure the discussion will not be tolerated in the open forums of WB!

We were, after all, just asking the OP to leave GD out of his original purpose. Anything wrong with that?

emerald
08-29-2009, 19:46
By now, this thread should well on its way to being shut down. Soon even WhiteBlaze's administrators will recognize there is sufficient cause to shut it down and people wil recognize it when they do.:welcome Since it isn't about much, I might not post again, but reserve my right to attempt a post so long as it isn't shut down.

superman
08-29-2009, 19:55

AAAHHH!

greetings from germany,
Ben

LMAO, watch out for bible thumping pansies.:D

Summit
08-29-2009, 19:59
LMAO, watch out for bible thumping pansies.:DI wish I could respond differently, but the only thing that comes to mind is .... what a stupid statement!

Lone Wolf
08-29-2009, 20:10

AAAHHH!

greetings from germany,
Ben
hiking the trail becomes a job and mundain for many too. fantasy and reality ain't the same

Tin Man
08-29-2009, 20:11
and i thought god had a sense of humor? or maybe it is his followers who are lacking?

i believe in god and if people ask him to damn things once in awhile, what's the big deal? simply put, he ain't gonna do it... dammit.

superman
08-29-2009, 20:15
LMAO'

Dear superman,

You have received a new private message at WhiteBlaze - Appalachian Trail from Midway Sam, entitled "Please don't resort to name calling...".

To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/private.php (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/private.php)

This is the message that was sent:
First off, please don't take this as confrontational.

I'm not sure really how to reconcile what seem to be the two differing personalities I see in you.

On the one hand, I sized you up to be possibly a Scout Leader, former Scout or maybe just the parent of a Scout based on your compliment you paid me on my essay. Someone who understands integrity, honor and expects to be treated the same way they treat others, with dignity and respect.

Now, you are calling Summit (and me since I am a Believer in Jesus Christ and oft times carry a Bible) a "bible thumping pansy" which leads me to believe perhaps you are an intolerant person who chooses to belittle and berate those who believe differently than you.

Believe what you want to believe, but please do not condemn me and call me names for believing what I believe. For what it's worth, I've personally had way too much "good" happen in my life to believe otherwise. I can't imagine there is anyone else on this Earth any less deserving of God's blessing than me, yet I am "richer" than any man I know. I barely have a dime to my name, but I am rich beyond words.

Respectfully,

Sam Conder

Midway Sam
08-29-2009, 20:19
Well, I guess I now have a clearer ide which one of the two personality types "Superman" is.

Glad I could at least make you laugh. Take care.

Tin Man
08-29-2009, 20:23
Well, I guess I now have a clearer ide which one of the two personality types "Superman" is.

Glad I could at least make you laugh. Take care.

actually, i would say he is a good person who thinks you have an internet problem. don't take everything here so serious.

emerald
08-29-2009, 20:24
Define "mythical diety discipel." I don't mean to hijack this post, just responding to your post asking for clarification!?

Someone needs to install a spell checker and use it.

Doesn't everyone realize el.com hijacked his his own attempt at a thread with the opening post? I'm still hopeful he has more success on the A.T. than with starting threads, but I'm not as firm in my resolve as I was earlier when he first began to post.

Off to see what's happening elsewhere. I suspect diversionary tactics.

Gaiter
08-29-2009, 20:29

AAAHHH!

greetings from germany,
Ben

say god dammit all you want, who cares, for all these people may know you could be saddening and disgracing a completely different god, yet they choose to critique and criticize you, god damnit

Gaiter
08-29-2009, 20:31
and best of luck on your hike, there is lots of information on here that can be of use, best of luck finding what works for you.....

also where was this documentary that you watched online? any chance its in english or at least english subtitles?

Gaiter
08-29-2009, 20:36
Let's see, using God's name in vain is cool for non-believers.
Makes 'em feel self-justified.
Makes 'em feel smarter than believers

You really sadden God who created you in His image.
I'm sure this thread/post will be shut down/deleted.
Disgracing God is generally permitted in the public place.
Defending Him is not! :(

hmmm when i was a christian, i was taught that it is yall's god's decision to judge, judgement was not suppose to come from other christians, so how do you know that this kid is saddening and disgracing your god?

Tin Man
08-29-2009, 20:44
hmmm when i was a christian, i was taught that it is yall's god's decision to judge, judgement was not suppose to come from other christians, so how do you know that this kid is saddening and disgracing your god?

strict christian dogma says don't take god's name in vain. it kind of flies in the face of the 'sticks and stones' message.

Hooch
08-29-2009, 20:44
Why all the ****in' squabbling? :rolleyes:

I'm sure someone, who shall remail nameless, but whose initials are Gator, will probably be quick to point out that freeedom of speech doesn't exist on a private website. :D

emerald
08-29-2009, 20:50
This is tonight's hot thread?:( Surely, anyone could start something better.

Lone Wolf
08-29-2009, 20:53
This is tonight's hot thread?:( Surely, anyone could start something better.

how about how ******* useless leki poles are

Midway Sam
08-29-2009, 20:54
actually, i would say he is a good person who thinks you have an internet problem. don't take everything here so serious.

Hahaha, I do have an "Internet problem" this weekend... I've literally been at my desk for 38 hours now babysitting a server migration. I've logged more hours on WB since 7:00am Friday than I did all last year.

That being said, there are a few "hot button" words, phrases and behaviors that get in my craw and this thread kinda hit them all. Again, I wasn't trying to be confrontational with Superman, just explaining that I didn't take kindly to being called a pansy. I figured a PM was the best way to handle it but he thought differently.

Hopefully for those that don't like me this server migration will finish and I will once again become a casual WBer.

Deadeye
08-29-2009, 20:58
Freedom of speech does not cover swearing, private websites, all sorts of things. I'm a card-carrying atheist, but I respect the views and beliefs of those who find something in their religion, and my first reaction to the post was that there was no need to use language that would clearly offend a large number of WB members.

We all feel your pain, please choose your language with respect for others in mind.

Mongoose2
08-29-2009, 21:04
Superman; seems very juvenile to post a private message

LMAO'

Dear superman,

You have received a new private message at WhiteBlaze - Appalachian Trail from Midway Sam, entitled "Please don't resort to name calling...".

To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/private.php (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/private.php)

I'm not sure really how to reconcile what seem to be the two differing personalities I see in you.

On the one hand, I sized you up to be possibly a Scout Leader, former Scout or maybe just the parent of a Scout based on your compliment you paid me on my essay. Someone who understands integrity, honor and expects to be treated the same way they treat others, with dignity and respect.

Now, you are calling Summit (and me since I am a Believer in Jesus Christ and oft times carry a Bible) a "bible thumping pansy" which leads me to believe perhaps you are an intolerant person who chooses to belittle and berate those who believe differently than you.

Believe what you want to believe, but please do not condemn me and call me names for believing what I believe. For what it's worth, I've personally had way too much "good" happen in my life to believe otherwise. I can't imagine there is anyone else on this Earth any less deserving of God's blessing than me, yet I am "richer" than any man I know. I barely have a dime to my name, but I am rich beyond words.

Respectfully,

Sam Conder

vonfrick
08-29-2009, 21:05
Superman; seems very juvenile to post a private message

it was very adult of you to repost it in a quote though- nice work

Mongoose2
08-29-2009, 21:07
I guess by doing that I let the cat out of the bag....now everyone knows!

Midway Sam
08-29-2009, 21:09
it was very adult of you to repost it in a quote though- nice work

I will be giving away autographed copies on my next section hike. I'll be at MRO on October 23rd...

Mongoose2
08-29-2009, 21:11
I'll be your first customer!

I will be giving away autographed copies on my next section hike. I'll be at MRO on October 23rd...

Sly
08-29-2009, 21:12
What's wrong with god damn it? It's not taking god's name in vain. If you consider it ordering god around, then god bless should also be stricken.

IMO, it's much ado about nothing.

Survivor Dave
08-29-2009, 21:13
...............:)................

Tin Man
08-29-2009, 21:14
What's wrong with god damn it? It's not taking god's name in vain. If you consider it ordering god around, then god bless should also be stricken.

IMO, it's much ado about nothing.

xactly....

Ol Mole
08-29-2009, 21:15

AAAHHH!

greetings from germany,
Ben

"Why do I have to be imprisoned in this life?" Maybe because your asking God to damn it. Maybe damning something really has an effect....just the opposite of blessing someone.

Anyway your use of the english language is surely limited. Maybe God heard you and answered your prayer with "Every morning I wake up, go to work and fall asleep in the evening. Every day the same thing"

emerald
08-29-2009, 21:19
how about how ******* useless leki poles are

I can't say it was old when my grandfather was a boy, but it's pretty well worn out.

vonfrick
08-29-2009, 21:19
while i have everyone's attention, i have a question. what does the 'h' stand for in 'jesus h christ'? just curious.

Sly
08-29-2009, 21:20
while i have everyone's attention, i have a question. what does the 'h' stand for in 'jesus h christ'? just curious.

The H stands for Harold, as in, "Our Father, who art in heaven, Harold be thy name" :D

Survivor Dave
08-29-2009, 21:20
"Why do I have to be imprisoned in this life?" Maybe because your asking God to damn it. Maybe damning something really has an effect....just the opposite of blessing someone.

Anyway your use of the english language is surely limited. Maybe God heard you and answered your prayer with "Every morning I wake up, go to work and fall asleep in the evening. Every day the same thing"

So I guess Lone Wolf can just go ahead and G*d damn the Leki Poles and shelters to make them go away, right?:D

vonfrick
08-29-2009, 21:21
The H stands for Harold, as in, "Our Father, who art in heaven, Harold be thy name" :D

thanks for the info, o wise one.

Midway Sam
08-29-2009, 21:22

Since you asked...

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_the_H_stand_for_in_Jesus_H_Christ

However Sly's version is what I always heard growing up.

Lone Wolf
08-29-2009, 21:23
herkimer....

ed bell
08-29-2009, 21:51
Religion isn't forbidden here, but arguments about it are. Would everyone cool it with the g... d...'s? It's obviously offensive to some and not in the slightest to others. The problem with that? Trying to hash out the "why" just can't happen here. Help us out with this. Can we get back to the original post's topic?

emerald
08-29-2009, 22:05
I'm not sure, but I think the quoted sentence below from the opening post may be something close to Ben's intended topic.

I'm so tired of waiting until next spring!

Maybe he should call off work, eat a big meal and go into hibernation.:D

Summit
08-29-2009, 22:05
LMAO'

Dear superman,

Respectfully,

Sam Conder
***************Making someone's PRIVATE MESSAGE public is completely unethical. You should be banned from this site forever you JERK!

Hooch
08-29-2009, 22:11
Making someone's PRIVATE MESSAGE public is completely unethical. You should be banned from this site forever you JERK!
Now, now. Would Jesus approve of you calling people names like that? Methinks not. :rolleyes:

ed bell
08-29-2009, 22:11
That has already been stated, and you just posted the PM again. There is no rule against doing that here, but it's bad form. Let it go.

Summit
08-29-2009, 22:16
Now, now. Would Jesus approve of you calling people names like that? Methinks not. :rolleyes:Jesus called those who deserved it "hypocrites", "whitewashed tombs," etc. In this case, the person deserves it and I would say so to his face! Posting someone's PM without consent is completely unethical . . . low life, scum bag behavior.

Summit
08-29-2009, 22:21
There is no rule against doing that here, but it's bad form. Let it go.There should be! That's egregious behavior. It should not be tolerated. What the heck is a PRIVATE MESSAGE if it can be turned PUBLIC?

Skidsteer
08-29-2009, 22:29
Jesus called those who deserved it "hypocrites", "whitewashed tombs," etc. In this case, the person deserves it and I would say so to his face! Posting someone's PM without consent is completely unethical . . . low life, scum bag behavior.

There should be! That's egregious behavior. It should not be tolerated. What the heck is a PRIVATE MESSAGE if it can be turned PUBLIC?

Consider it a excellent opportunity to turn the other cheek.

To all in general:

Settle it down now, hear? There's no sense in aggravating people regardless of whether it's against the rules.

Do unto others, etc...

TD55
08-29-2009, 22:32
Consider it a excellent opportunity to turn the other cheek.

To all in general:

Settle it down now, hear? There's no sense in aggravating people regardless of whether it's against the rules.

Do unto others, etc...

I agree, dawg gummit.:)

The Old Fhart
08-29-2009, 22:32
Summit-"Posting someone's PM without consent is completely unethical . . . low life, scum bag behavior."Your reposting it isn't any different. Drop the subject and stop casting stones.

yaduck9
08-29-2009, 22:37
67 posts in 5 hours..............for the most part, over a four letter word

May be time to shut down the PC and read a book, spend time with the loved ones.

warraghiyagey
08-29-2009, 22:43
Agreed!! God Dammit!!!!!!:sun:sun:sun

Summit
08-29-2009, 22:47
Your reposting it isn't any different. Drop the subject and stop casting stones.Once it's posted it's posted. :confused: I'm not casting stones. The term in modern day means quick to criticize. I think it very proper to criticize unacceptable behavior. Posting a private message without the person's consent is completely unacceptable. It may not be a rule on WB but it should be. Under the circumstances, I guess we better beware of what we send to someone in a PM? :mad:

emerald
08-29-2009, 22:56
Under the circumstances, I guess we better beware of what we send to someone in a PM? :mad:

Not a bad idea and consider setting up a contacts list. Send PMs you don't wish to be made public only to those you trust.