PDA

View Full Version : Wenzel solo tents at a cheap price

Wise Old Owl
08-30-2009, 00:12
http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___35842

Well it might interest someone, a 3 pound tent that packs 6" by 18"?

Clearly they are trying to blow it out of stock.

lustreking
08-30-2009, 05:57
Shipping is currently $.97 at Walmart, or free if you choose ship to store.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8136423

sarbar
09-02-2009, 15:14
Years ago (2001?) I had a friend who bought one of those. The condensation was SO bad it rained on her - and she had it vented.

Buyer beware!

brooklynkayak
09-02-2009, 15:29
Years ago (2001?) I had a friend who bought one of those. The condensation was SO bad it rained on her - and she had it vented.

Buyer beware!

If I remember correctly, the ventilation wasn't that good and that could explain the condensation. Leave the door open, if that is an option?

These tents do not hold up to weather, thin flimsy fiberglass poles that will collapse and break.
They may be OK if you are pitching in areas with guaranteed wind protection. Or for the kids in the backyard, which is what they are designed for.

I wouldn't buy one.

sarbar
09-02-2009, 16:16
Yeah, she had it open during the night. Part of the issue was we were on the Olympic Coast, where fog rolls in at night. (Why there are rain forests out there!) A good tent is no issue, she on the other hand was miserable. And freaked out the raccoons were going to come in her tent since it was open. Hehheh!!!! I slept like a baby in my tent though ;)

Summit
09-02-2009, 16:43
Backyard kids tent! And it's also child abuse! :eek:

jesse
09-02-2009, 16:50
3lbs 8oz...an ultralite tent...go figure.

berninbush
09-02-2009, 17:39
I like the Ozark Trails Jr Dome tent better. It's mostly single-wall, but has a "fly" the size of a large bandanna over netting at the top to allow condensation to escape and roll down outside. I don't know why the pricier tents don't try a design like that... seems like you get the best of both worlds in terms of single wall vs. double wall. On nice nights, you can leave the fly off and stargaze through the "moon roof."