PDA

View Full Version : Blueberry Picking on Labor Day..any ideas?

maxpatch67
08-30-2009, 04:24
Hey, I'm looking to do some rather late season blueberry picking this next weekend. I'd like to find a huge patch of blueberries up high in elevation on the A.T. along the TN/NC border. I'm thinking if they are above 5,500' that they should have just ripened recently. I've picked other summers at 5,000' about a month earlier and there have been some at higer elevations that weren't ripe yet so that is what I'm going on that I might be able to find some now(if the bears have not got them yet) :). Any ideas of places where you've seen large patches that could keep me busy for the weekend?

Hooch
08-30-2009, 05:40
Try The Scales in VA. Blueberries were plentiful there last weekend.

Lone Wolf
08-30-2009, 06:53
Try The Scales in VA. Blueberries were plentiful there last weekend.

ditto. plenty of blueberries in the highlands

babbage
08-30-2009, 07:04
Shining Rock.

pafarmboy
08-30-2009, 19:00
Tons at Bald Mountain when I was there a few weeks ago.

Tennessee Viking
08-30-2009, 23:56
Hey, I'm looking to do some rather late season blueberry picking this next weekend. I'd like to find a huge patch of blueberries up high in elevation on the A.T. along the TN/NC border. I'm thinking if they are above 5,500' that they should have just ripened recently. I've picked other summers at 5,000' about a month earlier and there have been some at higer elevations that weren't ripe yet so that is what I'm going on that I might be able to find some now(if the bears have not got them yet) :). Any ideas of places where you've seen large patches that could keep me busy for the weekend?
Pickings on Roan will be slim. The goats got most of the Jane Bald berrys. Then most of the berrys rippen up around the 4th to August.

But there is a nice berry farm in Elk Park on Buck Mountain Road. You can pay them a few dollars and they will let you pick and eat. Or grab buckets.