PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone!

StandBy
09-01-2009, 02:49
I'm new here and just wanted to take a quick second to introduce myself. How's everyone doing? :) I'm from CA and work for Klondike. I get out as much as I get and am looking forward to doing some traveling. What are some of everyone's favorite places to go?

el.com
09-01-2009, 03:50
Well... I've never been in the USA, but looks like some parts of the PCT could be interesting for you. Take a look here (http://www.fivemillionsteps.com/trailmap.php)

Gray Blazer
09-01-2009, 07:32
Strangely enough.......The AT.

Summit
09-01-2009, 12:22
:welcome to WB! I don't venture far from home of late. Was stationed in CA (Sacramento) in the Air Force many years ago, did a lot of hiking on the PCT, JMT, Desolation Wilderness, Trinity Alps. Now-a-days I mostly hike in NC on the AT.

chefjason
09-01-2009, 12:25
Strangely enough.......The AT.
Heeeeyyyy! That is that sarcasm stuff folks round here been talkin' 'bout lot of late. Right? 'Cause this is an AT site? Yep, I get it.

sheepdog
09-01-2009, 13:26
Welcome, to white blaze. Klondike as in the icecream bars?

Blissful
09-01-2009, 14:02
We had a blast in your neck of the woods this past June - CA, OR, and WA.

Welcome to White Blaze!

Gray Blazer
09-01-2009, 14:03
Heeeeyyyy! That is that sarcasm stuff folks round here been talkin' 'bout lot of late. Right? 'Cause this is an AT site? Yep, I get it.

Not me. I'm the nicest guy I know.:D

Cookerhiker
09-01-2009, 14:08
Welcome to WB! Are you looking for travel hints in the East near the AT corridor? You'd enjoy anywhere along the AT in October where you'll likely see a greater variety of fall colors than out west. You may want to avoid the crowded areas like New England, Shenandoah NP, and the Smokies and check out the Trail corridor in Southwestern VA or the NC-TN border. Another wonderful outdoorsy area with Appalachian hardwoods, cool temps, and lots of colors is the Monongahela National Forest (http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/mnf/) of West Virginia.

Jester2000
09-01-2009, 15:31
Hello! Welcome!

Gray Blazer
09-01-2009, 19:15
Anywhere on the AT in NC/TN is great. I like the Sierra Nevadas. They are a little close to your neck of the woods. If you like camping in the mountains, get a AAA camping book for out west and find all the free spots above 8000 feet.

jnanagardener
09-01-2009, 20:06
Welcome! I really love the Cohutta Wilderness area in North Georgia, especially the Jacks River Trail and Hemp Top Trail. Both are pretty isolated but real gems. But being from Florida, I do most of my hiking in the Ocala National Forest. Great question!

johnnybgood
09-01-2009, 20:09
Hello! Welcome!
Is that really you Jester ? 2 nicety-nice words !

No dialectic ramblings . No self praises . No amusement !:sun

Amazing

Skidsteer
09-01-2009, 20:18
Is that really you Jester ? 2 nicety-nice words !

No dialectic ramblings . No self praises . No amusement !:sun

Amazing

He was distracted. He was in the process of mailing himself a copyrighted photo of a turtle.