PDA

View Full Version : Everlite Solar Clip Light

TOW
09-03-2009, 21:38
Any of you own an everlite solar Clip Light.......?

Here's a pic of one.........http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?page=everlite-solar-led-clip-light&categoryId=59492&storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&cat4=9923&feat=117-sub1&np=Y

Wise Old Owl
09-03-2009, 21:51
Look's great TOW! nice add on to any hiker enthusiast.

Hokie
09-04-2009, 06:16
Yes, got one last spring. It comes fully charged so at first you think this is working well since it stayed lit all night. To test it however, I fully discharged it and found it would only charge enough during an entire day of hiking under trees to stay lit about 15-20 minutes. I retired mine from hiking but leave it in a window so it can fully charge over time as a backup flashlight at home.

TOW
09-04-2009, 07:13
Yes, got one last spring. It comes fully charged so at first you think this is working well since it stayed lit all night. To test it however, I fully discharged it and found it would only charge enough during an entire day of hiking under trees to stay lit about 15-20 minutes. I retired mine from hiking but leave it in a window so it can fully charge over time as a backup flashlight at home.
With that said, do you feel it is worth the $20.00 that most retailers are having to ask for?

Hokie
09-04-2009, 20:57
Not for hiking. If you like gadgets though, and want a clip on style light for use around home, or during a power outage, it works well and would be worth it. Clips nicely on a baseball style cap.

Tinker
09-04-2009, 21:59
I figure that the AT is mostly a "tree tunnel" so a lot of rechargeable items probably aren't ideal, unless you're going to do a weekend hike with a zero day (a nice sunny one at that :)).

TOW
10-11-2009, 07:30
Well I bought one of these lights about a month ago and they are awesome! They take a beating and keep on ticking.

I am now selling them.....

Tin Man
10-11-2009, 07:58
I know someone who wears that on scout campouts. Seems okay, except it doesn't stay bright long, looks geeky, and shins right in the eyes of whoever he is talking to (can't direct the beam down like other headlamps). People need to turn off their lamps while just hanging out and talking.

Good luck selling them TOW

TOW
10-11-2009, 08:04
I know someone who wears that on scout campouts. Seems okay, except it doesn't stay bright long, looks geeky, and shins right in the eyes of whoever he is talking to (can't direct the beam down like other headlamps). People need to turn off their lamps while just hanging out and talking.

Good luck selling them TOW
Thanx, I hope I do, and you are right in that they do shine right in someones eyes. I am not for sure how much is a full charge on them though, the most I have seen it stay on is seven hours and it stayed as bright as it was when it was turned on.......

TOW
10-11-2009, 20:11
sold 3 of them bad boys today.....

TOW
11-29-2009, 22:41
I just want to say that I have had my solar clip light for three months now and this thing rocks.....

Chance09
12-01-2009, 09:37
has anyone tried the Solar headlamp with the detachable solar panel?
I was looking into getting one for the PCT. I called the number on the website to talk to the guy about using it as a charger and from what I understand after 6 hours of direct sunlight the headlamp will be fully charged and then you can plug an adaptor into it to charge your ipod/phone/whatever. The guy said it will charge an ipod to about 85% in the same amount of time it would take the charge on a wall socket. If it actually works, doesn't seem like a bad deal for 5 oz for the solar panel and headlamp and $50.

Jester2000
12-01-2009, 11:21
We sell both the clip headlamp and the regular headlamp with the solar panel. From what I understand from talking to the reps, the adaptor for other electronics work better with the solar panel for the EL6, which is a regular lamp rather than a headlamp.

They said that the panel from the EL8 (headlamp) would take a looooong time to recharge iPods and such, but that they were working on that and expected to be making improvements.

I have the headlamp, and it works fine, except the on button is very sensitive, and one of the options is photocell, which means that the headlamp comes on when it's dark. This, coupled with the sensitivity of the on button means that your headlamp can be on when it's inside your (dark) backpack, and you won't know.

Other than that, it works well.

Chance09
12-01-2009, 12:21
I was under the impression that the solar panel didn't charge the ipod directly. The guy i talked to made it seem like the iPod charged directly off of the headlamps battery. So a full battery = 85% ipod charge in a few hours. Then again this was just the impression that I guy while talking to the guy.