PDA

View Full Version : Model-T Lunch and Learn in TN

jlb2012
07-27-2004, 17:00
Model-T is presenting a lunch hour thing on the AT : Lunch and Learn Link (http://www.state.tn.us/twra/lunchnlrn.html)

Mountain Dew
07-27-2004, 17:19
Once again Model- "AT" is giving back to the hiking community. Awesome !

Lilred
07-27-2004, 18:45
Thanks for the posting. That's in my neck of the woods and I think I'll plan on it. Thanks again.

Rain Man
07-27-2004, 23:27
Model-T is presenting a lunch hour thing on the AT ...

As that's about 5 minutes down the street... COUNT ME IN!!!!

:clap :clap :clap
I suggest a contest... whoever lives closest to the Ellington Agricultural Center wins ... and the rest of the WhiteBlazers in attendance buy me, er, him or her, lunch!
:sun
Rain Man

Lilred
07-28-2004, 08:05
As that's about 5 minutes down the street... COUNT ME IN!!!!

:clap :clap :clap
I suggest a contest... whoever lives closest to the Ellington Agricultural Center wins ... and the rest of the WhiteBlazers in attendance buy me, er, him or her, lunch!
Rain Man

HAH! HAH! HAH! Ummmmm I don't think so Rain Man, but good try anyhow. I think whoever lives the closest ought to invite all the other Whiteblazers to his house for a steak cookout. :D

Rain Man
08-04-2004, 14:21
HAH! HAH! HAH! Ummmmm I don't think so Rain Man, but good try anyhow. I think whoever lives the closest ought to invite all the other Whiteblazers to his house for a steak cookout. :D

Well, Mary, I would, but don't you know, I have to be at an all-day seminar tomorrow. I'm gonna have to sneak away for a long lunch break to be able to drive over to Ellington to hear Model-T, then rush right back.

Otherwise, it'd be steaks at my house, fer sure!!!
:D
Rain Man

TnTom98
08-04-2004, 22:22
I live about 2 miles or so myself...would go, but have to be somewhere else...playing golf...lol....where do you live within 5 minutes?
Tom

Rain Man
08-05-2004, 08:56
I live about 2 miles or so myself...would go, but have to be somewhere else...playing golf...lol....where do you live within 5 minutes?
Tom

South of Harding Place and west of Franklin Pike. I often hike the 4.5 - 5 mile loop at Radnor Lake with an over-weight pack for practice before a backpacking outing.

Rain Man

Rain Man
08-07-2004, 16:54
I just want to report that I was able to attend Model-T's lunch-and-learn talk on Thursday at the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency's HQ at Ellington Agricultural Center about 5 minutes from my house in Nashville, TN. Sadly, I was not at my house, but across town at Opryland's Springhouse Golf Club for a legal seminar. Nevertheless, I left the seminar early and came back late before and after the lunch break, just so I could hear Model-T.
For those of you who may not know, Model-T is the trailname for J. R. Tate, the retired Marine who has completed three thru-hikes ('90, '94 and '98, I believe), and who wrote the wonderful book "Walkin' on the Happy Side of Misery."

Model-T is a delightful humorist. Partly this means he better never take his wife to any of his talks! They'll be hell to pay later if he does. LOL

Besides being so entertaining, he has, quite obviously, a wealth of information, which he happily shares. It was a joy to sit in awe for over an hour.
:clap
It was also nice to find Lilredmg there and a chair next to her in the PACKED meeting room. (Sorry I had to run out on you, Mary, to get back to my law seminar.)

If you ever get a chance, I highly recommend attending one of Model-T's talks. For that matter, I also highly recommend his book, which you can get from him online and he'll autograph it for you if you ask.
http://www.modelt.homestead.com/

This is not a paid endorsement. LOL
:D
Rain Man

Lilred
08-08-2004, 10:23
If you ever get a chance, I highly recommend attending one of Model-T's talks. For that matter, I also highly recommend his book, which you can get from him online and he'll autograph it for you if you ask.
http://www.modelt.homestead.com/

I purchased one of Model T's books that day, "Walking on the Happy side of Misery" and am almost finished with it. It is a very entertaining book and I find it hard to put down. I highly recommend it also. He's writing another book about the AT and the trail towns. From what I understand it will be filled with history and stories about the trail towns and what the towns offer in the way of interesting things to do and see.