PDA

View Full Version : Quest??

Graywolf
09-07-2009, 02:14
I have recently posted on making a decision for alight weight pack and I thought I made the choice.

I am now wondering if I should go with the Golite Quest instead of the Odyssey. My thoughts is in volume.

I have my weight down below 10#. Actually with the odyssey it comes to 8.8#

I like the size of the odyssey as it give me a little more room if I want to make less resupply stops, but at the same time it may tempt me into carrying more than I need.

You know the question, "That pack sure has a lot of extra room.....Hmmmm. Well, I guess I can throw this in to?"

I am trying to stay away from that.

What are your feed back on this delima?

acronym
09-07-2009, 16:42
I use the lite-speed. 3000cu and 9oz lighter over the quest. Plenty of room for my tent (solo), bag, pad, cookset, clothing, bladder & food. The external pocket is pretty large and the elastics around the back will hold camp shoes or raingear. Probably not large enough for winter/late fall camping, but for summer it is perfect. I found the hip padding to be adequate and the shoulder straps/sternum clip to fit fine - I use a large. Support is a plastic insert and a couple of al stays. Probably what helps this work for me is the therma-rest neo, which packs quite a bit smaller than a foam or regular air pad.