PDA

View Full Version : TN Hikers

Gorp-Gobbler
09-09-2009, 10:15
I recently moved to Harriman, TN and would like to know if there are any hiking trails close by. :-?
I know I'm close to the Smokies but was wondering if there may be some other places to hike that aren't as heavly used.
Thanks!

Rain Man
09-09-2009, 11:01
Big South Fork. Pickett. Frozen Head. South Cumberland. Savage Gulf. Fiery Gizzard. Joyce Kilmer. And, of course, the Cumberland Trail.

Rain:sunMan

Tennessee Viking
09-09-2009, 11:56
Just check around the Tennessee State Parks like Fall Creek Falls.

Benton MacKaye Trail. The Frogs. Lots of trails along the Cherohala Skyway (Bald River area). Pinhoti in Alabama and Georgia.

If you are in Harriman, join up with the Cumberland Trail Conference. They are the maintainers to the Cumberland Trail. Great section up on Black Mountain near Crab Orchard.

Ox97GaMe
09-09-2009, 19:40
Hey Gorp. You are about 30 miles from me. I moved to Knoxville 2 years ago and am still exploring the area too. Let me know any time you are heading to the woods. Im always up for a good hike.

shoe
09-09-2009, 19:51
I have found that the majority of trails I have been on in the Smokies are empty. I have done quite a few where I saw no one. Of course I stayed away from the "popular" ones.

Just a thought.

TennCajun
09-09-2009, 21:58
I rarely go into the Smokies anymore. There are enough trails on the west side to keep you busy for a while. What kind of trails are you looking for? I like most of South Cumberland and BSF, but I like to go trail.

Gorp-Gobbler
09-11-2009, 09:33
Thanks for all of your advise.

Looks like I'll have several to choose from.

I'm closer to join you for the get togethers now Rain-Man if works permits.:D