Jersey Bob
07-29-2004, 16:29
at least 10 characters

orangebug
07-29-2004, 17:23
Venom from a hoop snake.

Streamweaver
07-29-2004, 17:46
Venemous hoop snakes are nothing more than urban legend!! Hoop snakes actually kill by strangulation.Why else do you think theyd call em hoop snakes??!! They also can cause pretty nasty injuries when stepped on!! Its like stepping on barrell hoops,man its hell on the shins!!!

I freeze dry my own hot water ,so all I have to do is add water in the mornings for my tea!! Streamweaver

markellag
07-30-2004, 07:37
"Ultralight Backpacker" is having a sale on freeze-dryed water now.

Blue Jay
07-30-2004, 10:07
You can get full fat dehydrated water from Adventure Foods. The low fat version you get in stores has no taste.

Jersey Bob
07-30-2004, 11:04
at least 10 characters

Youngblood
07-30-2004, 15:04
To reduce pack weight I finally managed to get some powdered water, but I don't know what to add.

Any clues?

Is it urine flavored powdered water or water flavored powdered water?

Youngblood

Jersey Bob
07-30-2004, 21:00
at least 10 characters

Streamweaver
07-30-2004, 22:38
You're a genius! Rehydrate the powdered water with urine. Definitely a LNT, recycles, and ultra light. Yeah but if all you carry is dehydrated water ,you cant drink it so therefore you wont have enough urine to rehydrate it with. Gonna feel petty weird bummin urine off of other hikers to rehydrate ur water with!!! "Trail magic is one thing buddy but thats pushing it"!!! Streamweaver

Pencil Pusher
07-30-2004, 23:36
What is the mix ratio for this powder? Is it just sludge if I don't add enough water? I just ordered a single-serving packet from REI to check it out. Sounds neat.

walkin' wally
08-01-2004, 08:58
According to NASA the hydrogen and oxygen components of water can be separated and used as fuel for a pepsi can stove. :-?

Jaybird
08-01-2004, 09:12
Is it urine flavored powdered water or water flavored powdered water?Youngblood

"...dont go where the huskies go...don't eat the yellow snow!" :D

grrickar
08-02-2004, 17:54
You're a genius! Rehydrate the powdered water with urine. Definitely a LNT, recycles, and ultra light.
Why not just filter your urine and drink it again? Worked for Kevin Costner in WaterWorld. Now what did my MSR Miniwork booklet say about filtering urine? :-?

For those who don't carry a filter, I guess you would just have to strain it through a bandanna and add some iodine;)

Since I'm way too heavy for the ultralight crowd, I'm attaching helium filled weather balloons to my pack. I figure if I get enough to offset my weight and the pack I can bounce along the trail - kinda like walking on the moon. Haven't yet figured out how to keep from getting snared in the trees. :jump

weary
08-02-2004, 20:25
I've carried dehydrated water for years. But usually, I dehydrate it with vegetables or fruits. Urine isn't needed. Just add water. I particularly like pasta because it comes in the package already dehydrated. One need only add water.

Where do you get the water? Read Wingfoot's Thruhikers Handbook. He lists dozens of streams, rivers, lakes, ponds and springs.

If one is rehydrating water and its dehydrated accompaniments and continuing the cooking of same, just a clean hankerchief provides all the filtering needed. Nothing kills bugs like cooking them.

Weary

Pencil Pusher
08-02-2004, 22:51
Speaking of helium, I changed out the air in my tires with that stuff to improve the gas mileage.

TedB
08-02-2004, 23:02
Where I live, there are large evaporator ponds, where they dehydrate water. As the pond starts running low on water, they let it fill up some more, to collect even more dehyrdrated water. After about 5 years, they go in there and harvest all that dehydrated water and sell it. I heard the gov'ment likes to sprinkle it on the roads during the winter.

P.S. In India, dehydrated water is so important, that Gandhi organized a non-violent march to oppose the British monopoly on dehydrated water. At the time, it was illegal to harvest your own dehydrated water.

Streamweaver
08-02-2004, 23:08
Speaking of helium, I changed out the air in my tires with that stuff to improve the gas mileage. Dont do much fer traction Ill wager!! Streamweaver

Streamweaver
08-02-2004, 23:15
Where I live, there are large evaporator ponds, where they dehydrate water. As the pond starts running low on water, they let it fill up some more, to collect even more dehyrdrated water. After about 5 years, they go in there and harvest all that dehydrated water and sell it. I heard the gov'ment likes to sprinkle it on the roads during the winter.

P.S. In India, dehydrated water is so important, that Gandhi organized a non-violent march to oppose the British monopoly on dehydrated water. At the time, it was illegal to harvest your own dehydrated water.

Yeah Unca Sams a slick one all right!! Convinced everybody that they need salt in their diet so they could sell off all that white stuff that keeps building up when they dehydrate sea water! Think about it!! Streamweaver

MedicineMan
08-02-2004, 23:39
who actually advertised and supposedly sold
amorphous dihydrogen monoxide....

grrickar
08-03-2004, 18:29
Did he have a license to sell such hazardous stuff? You know that people have died just from inhaling the stuff?

orangebug
08-03-2004, 18:34
Did he have a license to sell such hazardous stuff?

If folks won't bite for Hoop snake venom, don't expect that puppy to go very far, either. :rolleyes:

Bill...

smokymtnsteve
08-03-2004, 20:10

wow..what if you could put that stuff in a bottle and sell it..

who would ever think of that :D

Jersey Bob
08-03-2004, 21:51
at least 10 characters

smokymtnsteve
08-03-2004, 22:42
Extremely dangerous stuff! It's the primary component of acid rain.

not only that sometimes it just Springs up out of the earth...then sometimes you couldn't find any if your life depended on it...people haved died searching for it.