PDA

View Full Version : Maps, Companion Book and Data Book

Flash Hand
07-30-2004, 02:50
Hi prospective thru hikers,

Just want to create this in order to talk about 2005 edition maps, companion book and data book.

I read the old threads in the whiteblaze.net for the 2003 edition that was come out late in February. We cannot afford to hike without those valuable information. So, hope the books will be out before the end of 2004. Probably we can just be the one that keep them in mind that we would want those editions out earlier. I will be leaving Connecticut late January to go to New Orleans and then relaxing for a few weeks before our start on March 1st.

Flash Hand :jump

JimSproul
11-07-2004, 10:21
I chatted with the editor of the Companion. He said the 2005 will be out in the middle of January. I have a 2004 companion and a 2004 data book ready. I will get the 2005 in a mail drop along the way if needed.

Most of the maintaining clubs keeps well updated web sites for relocations.

Flash Hand
11-07-2004, 11:33
I chatted with the editor of the Companion. He said the 2005 will be out in the middle of January. I have a 2004 companion and a 2004 data book ready. I will get the 2005 in a mail drop along the way if needed.

Most of the maintaining clubs keeps well updated web sites for relocations.

Thanks for the information. I have to figure out how to have it mailed to somewhere in mid of January because I will be leaving my nest around late January for the south.

Flash Hand :jump

SalParadise
12-05-2004, 21:02
I love those topo maps with the mountain level of the AT on them. Once I finish the Trail I want to cut all of those out, tape them all together from south to north and wrap the whole thing around a room, a complete map of every single up and down of the Trail.