PDA

View Full Version : Backpack maker needed...

Mauby
09-11-2009, 17:53
(Didn't know exactly where to post this one.)

I have an old nylon boy scout frame backpack I've used since I got it in '85. The shoulder straps have been replaced over the years and I added a padded hipbelt to it. The small aluminum frame is in good shape. The problem is the backpack. It seems as if the nylon is starting to disintegrate. My upcoming weekend trip may be my last with this pack.

My question is this: does anyone know if any of the gear makers (GG, ULA, etc.) make custom packs? I was wondering if I could send my pack out and someone could use it as a template and make me a new one. Doesn't really matter if it's a company or just a hobbyist who makes it for me, just need quality work. I know it sounds like more trouble than it's worth, but I like externals and finding one that weighs under 3 lbs (like this one does) is pretty challenging.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Captain
09-11-2009, 18:24
(Didn't know exactly where to post this one.)

I have an old nylon boy scout frame backpack I've used since I got it in '85. The shoulder straps have been replaced over the years and I added a padded hipbelt to it. The small aluminum frame is in good shape. The problem is the backpack. It seems as if the nylon is starting to disintegrate. My upcoming weekend trip may be my last with this pack.

My question is this: does anyone know if any of the gear makers (GG, ULA, etc.) make custom packs? I was wondering if I could send my pack out and someone could use it as a template and make me a new one. Doesn't really matter if it's a company or just a hobbyist who makes it for me, just need quality work. I know it sounds like more trouble than it's worth, but I like externals and finding one that weighs under 3 lbs (like this one does) is pretty challenging.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

pretty simple to do actually id be willing t o take a look if you have some pictures

Snowleopard
09-11-2009, 22:12
Tim Marshall who hangs out at http://www.backpackinglight.com/
does custom work.
He has a website at: http://tmoutdoors.webs.com/

Mauby
09-12-2009, 15:32
Thanks for the suggestions and private messages...this helps me a great deal.

Deadeye
09-13-2009, 07:39
the folks at moonbowgear.com do custom work