PDA

View Full Version : The Perfect Lid for you Snow Peak 600

jasonklass
09-11-2009, 19:37
I've tried aluminum foil, baking sheets, can bottoms, tooling foil, and just about everything to make a lid for my Snow Peak 600 but I think I've finally got the perfect lid. Click here. (http://snowpeak600lid.webs.com/) Let me know what you think. I've also got some lids on the way to replace the Trek 700 and 900 lids (which are way too heavy).

jasonklass
09-11-2009, 19:49
Why can't I edit my own post?

Two Tents
09-11-2009, 19:51
Sweet! Let me know when the lids for the 700 are ready.

flemdawg1
09-11-2009, 19:58
I think you should actually pay to advertise here, spammer.

Skidsteer
09-11-2009, 20:21
Why can't I edit my own post?

You aren't a Donating member.

Kerosene
09-12-2009, 02:42
I think you should actually pay to advertise here, spammer.It's a fine line. In this case, Jasonklass has been a WhiteBlaze participant since 2005 and has over 200 posts, none of which appear to be advertising his products. There are other long-time members who have transitioned into selling items.

I would like to suggest that he make a donation of at least $20 to WhiteBlaze (see upper right) so he can at least edit his posts! I'd also suggest that he make it very clear that he has a vested interest in people linking to his site and purchasing his wares.

jasonklass
09-13-2009, 10:44
I think you should actually pay to advertise here, spammer.

I was asked by members of several forums (including this one) to post an announcement IN THE FORUMS when the lids were ready. So that's what I did. Please get all the facts before accusing someone of being a spammer.

Appalachian Tater
09-13-2009, 12:12
Hey, Jason, I've always been impressed with and inspired by your gear and your website and I ran across a video you made on YouTube the other day by accident.

Comment about this lid: If the regular lid weighs 0.6 oz and the lid with holes weighs 0.5 oz that would imply that the material removed when the holes are made weigh 0.1 oz. or about 15% of the total yet visually it is significantly less area than 15%. So it might be better to give the weight in grams because that seems off probably due to rounding.

jasonklass
09-13-2009, 12:26
Hey, Jason, I've always been impressed with and inspired by your gear and your website and I ran across a video you made on YouTube the other day by accident.

Comment about this lid: If the regular lid weighs 0.6 oz and the lid with holes weighs 0.5 oz that would imply that the material removed when the holes are made weigh 0.1 oz. or about 15% of the total yet visually it is significantly less area than 15%. So it might be better to give the weight in grams because that seems off probably due to rounding.

Thanks! You bring up a good point. Unfortunately, my scale only does ounces so it wouldn't be accurate for me to translate it to grams. I should get a better scale because this one probably is rounding. Do you have recommendations for a good scale that's not too expensive?

Captn
09-13-2009, 14:59
Hey Jason ... cool lids.

Did you ever start selling your Klasslite stove?

Oh ... and I doubt that Jason is making very much, if any, profit here guys.

If you check out his web site you'll find that he's made a bunch of video's and posted instructions for how to make all kinds of stuff.

I think he's far from being a Spammer .... just another hiking buff that is excited to offer his knowledge as well as discoveries on the web.

Appalachian Tater
09-13-2009, 15:16
Thanks! You bring up a good point. Unfortunately, my scale only does ounces so it wouldn't be accurate for me to translate it to grams. I should get a better scale because this one probably is rounding. Do you have recommendations for a good scale that's not too expensive?
Yes, any post office should have one in the lobby. If it is so small they don't, just go when they're not busy and ask the clerk to weigh it for you. Since you mail them that's perfectly legit.

High Altitude
09-13-2009, 15:18
Jason is far from a spammer.

Good luck with the lids, looks like a great product.

Jack Tarlin
09-13-2009, 15:20
Jason:

Very clever and nice work.

jasonklass
09-13-2009, 18:11
Hey Jason ... cool lids.

Did you ever start selling your Klasslite stove?

Oh ... and I doubt that Jason is making very much, if any, profit here guys.

If you check out his web site you'll find that he's made a bunch of video's and posted instructions for how to make all kinds of stuff.

I think he's far from being a Spammer .... just another hiking buff that is excited to offer his knowledge as well as discoveries on the web.

Hey Captn,
Thanks! No, I'm making almost nothing off the lids. I just want to make them available to people who don't have the tools to make them themselves. I still have to buy them, take orders, pack them up, ship them out, etc. It's really more work than it's worth but I need to cover the basic costs. Basically, people have wanted real lids for the 600 for years and I found a relatively easy way to do it. So, why not?

As for the Klasslite stove, it's so easy to make, I would feel guilty charging for it. It's not like the lids where you need dies and a press, etc. Plus, the tea light's capacity is small for people at lower elevations so I find it doesn't work for everyone. A wedding tin would work much better.

flemdawg1
09-14-2009, 14:02
I was asked by members of several forums (including this one) to post an announcement IN THE FORUMS when the lids were ready. So that's what I did. Please get all the facts before accusing someone of being a spammer.

I apologise. :o

jasonklass
09-14-2009, 14:14
I apologise. :o

No worries man!

Reid
09-14-2009, 14:18
Jason is far from a spammer.

Good luck with the lids, looks like a great product.

ditto. good vids too

jasonklass
09-27-2009, 12:31
UPDATE: The Snow Peak Trek 700 and 900 lids (http://snowpeak600lid.webs.com/apps/webstore/) are now online.

wyominglostandfound
09-27-2009, 14:04
i say that if you have something to offer.... why not turn a profit? Jason, you have my respect and you seem very giving. good luck with your ideas!!!!

jasonklass
09-27-2009, 20:12
i say that if you have something to offer.... why not turn a profit? Jason, you have my respect and you seem very giving. good luck with your ideas!!!!

Thanks man! The truth is, if you knew how much I actually make off of each lid, you'd probably be shocked. After paying for the inventory, buying the shipping materials, addressing the packages, assembling the handles (yes, I do that myself and have the blisters to prove it), standing in line at the post office, I don't even make enough to buy a Starbucks latte. I'm not trying to make myself out to be a saint or anything but I think many people don't really appreciate all the work that goes into getting a niche product into the hands of the fanatics as much as you do. I really appreciate your support. :)

JERMM
09-27-2009, 21:55

I received my lid from Jason, EXCELLENT! Mine has the holes drilled with the the wooden handle, it weighs 17 grams

jasonklass
09-27-2009, 22:11
I received my lid from Jason, EXCELLENT! Mine has the holes drilled with the the wooden handle, it weighs 17 grams

Thanks, I'm glad you like it! Much better than foil, eh?

Luddite
06-15-2010, 13:20
Anyone know if you can still buy these lids?

jasonklass
06-15-2010, 19:37
Anyone know if you can still buy these lids?
The are still available. Email Don at Fourdogstove.com. He is the one that made them for me and will still make them for you even though I don't sell them anymore. Enjoy your lid!

Bags4266
06-15-2010, 20:29
Or you can use a top from a Folger's 11.5 oz coffee can the plastic one. It has a heavy duty "plastic" lid that snaps tight to a SP 600. It will melt if your flames creep high from your stove though.

luvz2brew
04-29-2011, 19:38
buy jameson 12 year old whiskey. It comes in a cardboard cannister with an aluminum cap. remove the cap. put it on your mug. it fits perfectly. transfer the whiskey to a platypus 1L. take a hike. enjoy a hot adult beverage or enjoy neat. don't forget to share.