PDA

View Full Version : Dog Photo category

sasquatch2014
09-15-2009, 15:24
I was looking and there is a category under wildlife for mice of all things but there is no category for Dogs. What do you think about a category for Dogs of the trail? I know people more by their dog then I do by them, after 1000 miles most men can be described as a guy with brown hair and a big beard. What era your thoughts would you like to see a Category for Dogs of the trail?

Phreak
09-15-2009, 15:45
Yep, I think there should be a dog category.

Foyt20
09-15-2009, 16:37
Its in the dogs on the appalacian trail section. Because they are not wildlife, usually (:D) they are domesticated.

mrhughes1982
09-15-2009, 17:22
I got a Jack Russell. I'm not thru-hiking with him but he probably would have the energy and would beat me to Maine if I let him loose. I'd love to show some pictures of him out in the Kentucky Wilderness. He's a good trail dog and loves hunting lizards and birds just never catches them. I'm always afraid he's going to leap off a cliff in the Red River gorge after something. He's a funny little dude.

Blissful
09-15-2009, 19:50
I have a good photo of our departed dog, Lady, visitng us on the trail. I'd like to see one.

sasquatch2014
09-18-2009, 07:28
Its in the dogs on the appalacian trail section. Because they are not wildlife, usually (:D) they are domesticated.

That is a fourm sub what I am saying is that under the photo gallery there should be a section for dogs of the trail. I mean under Wildlife there is a sub section for mice but nothing for dogs! I would much rather see photo's of dog not the nasty shelter mice.

SunnyWalker
09-18-2009, 23:28
There is a dog photo thread. Under Forum, dogs, and you'll find it.

Foyt20
09-19-2009, 00:52
Here Here chaplain...

sasquatch2014
09-19-2009, 15:57
There is a dog photo thread. Under Forum, dogs, and you'll find it.

That is a Thread not a gallery so it is not really easy to just scroll through the pics. I am thinking something a bit more long term than a thread.

SunnyWalker
09-19-2009, 21:28
Sasquatch: I see. Yeah, that would be easier. It is a patience builder to look at the photos on that thread.

babbage
09-21-2009, 07:12
That is a Thread not a gallery so it is not really easy to just scroll through the pics. I am thinking something a bit more long term than a thread.
Squatch - you need to stay on point and not acknowledge those type posts. Its not necessary and makes the thread longer -- the rest of us get what you are saying, even if a couple of posters do not.
Your idea is worthy of consideration. If there was a photo section just for dogs I would look at it and I would upload my dog pics into that category. Have you discussed this with the powers-that-be?

SunnyWalker
09-25-2009, 18:30
OK Babbage, but some of us didn't think of the diff between gallery and thread.