PDA

View Full Version : Deep Gap camping area near Beauty Spot, thoughts?

sparky2009
09-24-2009, 22:01
I'm new to the forum so if this isn't sub forum to post this in, please redirect (and forgive:o) me. I wasn't sure where to put this one.

I'm considering staying at Deep Gap near Beauty Spot (NoBo mile 352). Anybody care to share their experiences with tenting there?

Tennessee Viking
09-24-2009, 22:34
I'm new to the forum so if this isn't sub forum to post this in, please redirect (and forgive:o) me. I wasn't sure where to put this one.

I'm considering staying at Deep Gap near Beauty Spot (NoBo mile 352). Anybody care to share their experiences with tenting there?
There is a good camping spot across the road from the trail. There is a spring just a yards away. It is great spot if don't mind the occasional passing car. You can even hear the roar of Rock Creek Falls from there. Then the old open farm pasture has some flat spots.

In my opinion, Deep Gap has a better view than Beauty Spot.

Jack Tarlin
09-24-2009, 22:40
There are actually some semi-hardened (i.e. frequently used spots) right on the A.T. at the Beauty Spot. It's a great place to camp.

Gray Blazer
09-24-2009, 22:42
You get a good sunset view at Beauty Spot summit.

dmax
09-24-2009, 22:51
It's not too bad at deep gap although it can be very windy at times. I probably wouldn't stay there in the winter.

Berserker
09-25-2009, 12:41
Went through there last weekend, and personally I wouldn't camp at that spot just because it is literally right next to the road. Stopped there for lunch and set up the tarp because it was raining. I think 3 - 4 cars passed just in the short period of time I was sitting there.