PDA

View Full Version : hammock warmth idea

dylan
08-04-2004, 00:37
i am a devoted hennessey user. i was thinking of using a big agnes horse thief with an under quilt, maybe the 'nest' for my thru-hike attempt. does anyone have any suggestions?

SGT Rock
08-04-2004, 08:38
If you haven't bought a quilt yet, look at the Jacks 'R Better quilt.

dylan
08-04-2004, 09:16
thats what i was thinking for the underquilt, the jacksrbetter nest. i am definitly using an underquilt. im just not sure about the top yet. were you suggesting jacksrbatter underquilt or their no sniveller quilt?

SGT Rock
08-04-2004, 10:30
I guess it depends on what suits you, I personally perfer the no sniveling quilt.

Magic City
09-07-2004, 10:50
I'm tentatively planning on an early northbound start, either late February or early March. How practical/impractical would the Hennessy Supershelter be for the weather I'll be encountering at that time.

Yeah, I know it'll be cold. I live in Millinocket, Maine - at the north end of the trail, so I know cold - but I haven't used a Hennessy and I haven't hiked the southern or middle portions of the trail yet.

Jeff T
11-02-2004, 10:57
Hi Magic City. I'll be starting late February this year. I've decided to go with my SD Lightyear tent for the cold months, and switch to my Hennessy Hammock at Mt. Rogers.