PDA

View Full Version : through hike NOBO

stevecvick
09-26-2009, 14:34
hey,
leaving next friday or sat. 2nd or 3rd. anybody want to come?

stevecvick
09-26-2009, 15:00
oh yeah... ii dont have a set schedule.. i do have my ultralight fishing stuff.. will confirm spots listed on BMT webpage! SOMEBODY has to want to go!! oh im 50wm fun,normal, family man just out for a stroll. i was actually supposed to leave for maine to do the at...but had conflict in jan. so.. will wait till fall of 2010!

Diamond Diggs
10-09-2009, 09:54
im going to be out there starting tomorrow, around the tn line somewhere.... heading north to the smokies... would love to have some company.... if you happen to get a chance to see this, where might you be at this point?

sloetoe
10-20-2009, 22:32
Seriously considering this.
The big consideration, oddly enough, is to *find* "crowd" -- or not?
Will the AT -- especially Georgia (April 79, September 93, December/NYE 03) -- become ...... less fun?
Will the passage of landmarks be some sort of comfort -- known entities -- or a ho-hum deal?
I've never hiked with the AT "crowd" except to accompany Liteshoe 2 days into the GSMNP in March 03 -- would that be a Yea or a Nay?
It's been 4 or 5 years, but it seems there is *always* a half-dozen or so leaving Springer to NOBO -- might that not be fun to hike with them?

I'm truly stumped. I'm usually the no-crowds kind of guy -- "BMT!" But here I am, leaning heavily on the fence, waffling between BMT and the AT.

Any help? Mags, I appreciated your write-up this afternoon, and have hit Sweeper's stuff, as well. FWIW.

Diamond Diggs
10-20-2009, 23:51
change of plans...... not going to be able to section the bmt until dec.

So. looking at a three week section hike early dec. and maybe ???? finish after christmas the rest of the trail early jan. after new year. How long does it take most to do the whole trail? Anyone else interested?

Hipneck
11-02-2009, 23:37
Thinking about a late November through December thru-hike NOBO. Should take about a month.