PDA

View Full Version : My new hiking kilt.

pvtmorriscsa
08-04-2004, 12:41
Howdy all,
I just posted some pictures of my hiking kilt. Although it was a bit troublesome to sew, it sure is comfortable to wear. Oh, and getting into and out of a car can prove to be problematic.
Anyway, I hope you all like the pictures.

gardenville
08-04-2004, 13:28
It looks good. The pockets seem to be a good idea. What kind of fabric did you use? I found some "Black Watch" plaid in some kind of poly stuff on sale that I plan to make into a "Great Kilt" for hiking someday.

pvtmorriscsa
08-04-2004, 13:53
I stumbled across the fabric while visiting mom and them down in SC. It was the first 100% poly fabric that I had found in plaid. So I snapped up like 3 yds of it.

Looking back I should have bought the remainder of the bolt, because I cannot seem to find polyester tartans anywhere around here.

frankcornbread
08-08-2004, 22:40
Great kilt. Are those pockets I see?
FC

pvtmorriscsa
08-09-2004, 04:21
Great kilt. Are those pockets I see?Thanks, and yes indeed those are pockets.
When I designed it, I put the pockets on it to carry my rain gear. My rainjacket has a pocket in the center of the chest that I figured I could stuff my kilt into.
Unfortunately I underestimated the amount of fabric that would go into the finished kilt. It rolls up fatter then I had anticipated and as such does not fit in the pocket on the jacket.
Fortanetly the rain gear does fit into the pockets on the kilt.