PDA

View Full Version : Socks at Costco

Old Grouse
09-30-2009, 17:11
I was at my local Costco Monday and saw that they're again stocking their Kirkland brand wool blend hiking socks, which I like a lot. Four for $10.00. They also had Wigwam brand, 3 pairs for $10.00.

Manwich
09-30-2009, 17:52
Confirmed, I saw them back at my costco in Jersey, in the Center Aisles toward the front near the candy on a single pallet.

I bought two packs and I still use them. Especially for hiking.

Feral Bill
09-30-2009, 18:51
I use them almost every day. Excellent socks for their weight. I tend toward a heavier sock for packing, but I've been rethinking that.

XCskiNYC
10-01-2009, 01:04
I can't shop at Costco. The giant shopping carts freak me out. That and the $50 membership fee.

freefall
10-01-2009, 02:20
Sorry, just Smart Wool and REI (seconds) brands here.

I bought 12 pair of the REI seconds and could find nothing wrong with any of them. They only pop up a couple of times a year.

I haven't found much of the Kirkland brand that is worth the price other than food products. My roommate has a membership and I go there about once a month but the quality just seems low on everything.

JoshStover
10-01-2009, 02:56
Im REALLY picky about my socks as well. I only wear Under Armour lowcut black socks to work and Darn Toughs or Smartwool on the trail. I have been thinking about trying some of those socks that are like gloves and go around each toe.

freefall
10-01-2009, 03:00
I have been thinking about trying some of those socks that are like gloves and go around each toe.
I can't even look at those without getting freaked out!

Rain Man
10-01-2009, 09:43
I was at my local Costco Monday and saw that they're again stocking their Kirkland brand wool blend hiking socks....

Thanks for the heads up! They are great work socks and great day-hike socks too. I was sorry last year that I only bought one pack before they went away.

Rain:sunMan