PDA

View Full Version : Class of 2000 10th Reunion?

WalkinHome
10-01-2009, 11:24
ATTENTION
CLASS OF
2000!!!

What? Collect Appalachian Trail Hikers from the year 2000 for a Ten Year Reunion of sorts. Maybe parade together?
When? ONE HOUR prior to the Hiker Parade on Saturday, May 15 of Trail Days 2010. The rest of the reunion is up to you.
Where? Group picture to be taken on the old Rock School Steps.
Why? This could very well be the last time any attempt will be made to gather as many of you as possible in one place at the same time. We hope you will take advantage of it. Tell everyone!!

Now boring stuff: If the parade is the same as 2009 (2PM Saturday) our reunion will be 1PM Saturday (1 HR). A couple of volunteer photographers will take group pictures. You will have to contact one of us in order to get the picture sent to your email.

Here is all the contact info: There is a Facebook website put together for the class of 2000 by Karen Riessland Murray - http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=42772320308

FMI if needed and for the pictures-two other points of contact are:
Lynda Holich (Lynda) - [email protected]
Ray Ronan (Walkinhome) - [email protected]

Jester2000
10-01-2009, 14:28
I like how this has somehow been timed to coincide with the Billville 10th Anniversary.

WalkinHome
10-01-2009, 14:59
It is truly amazing - I would say awesome but that would be a reference to you or Chomp. I am so confused!!!

Canada Goose
10-01-2009, 23:17
The legend of the formation of the "Travelling Bills" grows with each passing year. Who knew that such serendipity could arise from the growling stomachs of a motly crew in search of a good steak dinner, interrupted by a karmic sidetrip to a hillbilly yard sale!

A "Praiseworthy" event, indeed!:sun

Oh, and by the way, I'll be there :D CG

Cedar Tree
10-02-2009, 07:21
I am hoping to be hiking again next year. I didn't attend TD on my hike, but I haven't missed one since 2001. Depends on where I am and If I can get back and back again easily.
CT

superman
10-02-2009, 07:29
I am hoping to be hiking again next year. I hiked in to TD in 2000. I'm glad that I got to see the talent contest. The 7 Bills were hilarious. I came back to TD in 2001. I'll try to be there next year.

Jester2000
10-02-2009, 11:45
The legend of the formation of the "Travelling Bills" grows with each passing year. Who knew that such serendipity could arise from the growling stomachs of a motly crew in search of a good steak dinner, interrupted by a karmic sidetrip to a hillbilly yard sale!

This, by the way, is the most succinct and accurate description of the forming of the Bills ever written.

slingblade
12-16-2009, 16:42
See ya'll there. Ah-ite-den, Slingblade

The Weasel
12-16-2009, 18:01
Good reason for The Weasel to go to Virginia next year.

TW

WalkinHome
12-18-2009, 14:34
Hi All,

Just prevailed upon a friend of mine, that is a local beverage distributor, to make the Class of 2000 a banner for the Trail Days parade. Anyone out there have suggestions for what it should look like? Put em up here or PM me. Otherwise it runs the risk of looking very much like a Billville banner LOL. You have been warned!!! Just kidding. Maybe.

Jester2000
12-18-2009, 15:03
Hi All,

Just prevailed upon a friend of mine, that is a local beverage distributor, to make the Class of 2000 a banner for the Trail Days parade. Anyone out there have suggestions for what it should look like? Put em up here or PM me. Otherwise it runs the risk of looking very much like a Billville banner LOL. You have been warned!!! Just kidding. Maybe.

Haha! Wait. What would be wrong with that?

WalkinHome
04-26-2010, 18:09
Hi All,

Have a banner, have a bunch of stickers, just need Class of 2000 hikers to show up!! The plan as of now (always remember that no plan EVER survived contact with the enemy) is to meet at the Rock School for a group photo on the steps on Saturday, May 15 at 12:15 before the parade. The rest is up to you. The banner will be available for signing all weekend, find Lynda Holich or "B" of B&B (now B&B&B), do the math, it will come to you. Any questions?

jelina
07-16-2011, 06:15
I like how this has somehow been timed to coincide with the Billville 10th Anniversary. I am hoping to be hiking again next year. I hiked in to TD in 2000. I'm glad that I got to see the talent contest. The 7 Bills were hilarious. I came back to TD in 2001.