PDA

View Full Version : week trip in Maine question???

quill2321
08-06-2004, 12:32
Good morning!

I am thinking about flying to Maine, and doing a weeklong hike. First, can anyone recommend a good section to do? Secondly, I would like to possibly coordinate this trip with the get together that I seen posted on this sight by I believe atroll??? Thirdly, I would also like to know if anyone would be interested in shuttling me to, and from airport to trailhead- I am will to compensate graciously. I would prefer to do my hiking in a Moosey area. Any, and all input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chebon White

(quill)

attroll
08-06-2004, 23:25
Good morning!

I am thinking about flying to Maine, and doing a weeklong hike. First, can anyone recommend a good section to do? Secondly, I would like to possibly coordinate this trip with the get together that I seen posted on this sight by I believe atroll??? Thirdly, I would also like to know if anyone would be interested in shuttling me to, and from airport to trailhead- I am will to compensate graciously. I would prefer to do my hiking in a Moosey area. Any, and all input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chebon White

(quill)quill2321

I don't know what you mean when you say "I would prefer to do my hiking in a Moosey area"? Am I taking it correctly when I assume that you mean that you want to do some easy hiking?

I can not say I will be able to help with a ride to and from the airport. It being so close to the get together I will be buisy. I have to Hike into a couple of lean-to's the weekends before and post about hte get together hoping that my posters will not get torn down and that we will get some thru-hikers to come. So my weekends will be buisy starting from the end of this month until the get togehter. But I might be able to squeeze tou in for a ride but don't hold your breath.

Let me know what type of hiking you want to do and how many miles you want to do each day and I can give you some recommendations. I live in Maine and have hike 95% of the AT in Maine.